The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

15 hours ago, wellnow said:

Sorry to hear that. They shouldn't be using that picture if that's not the version they're selling. I mean, it would be one thing if they didn't know but you messaged them to tell them it's not that version.

I'm pretty sure that picture was taken by someone other than the seller also... And yea, not answering me was the worst part of it but at least eBay took action for me so I do have them on my side

15 hours ago, cobannaboc said:

Same exact thing happened to me. Though mine arrived in decent shape at least...

I already have the clear one and was specifically ordering that one because they were saying it was the white one. And right time I laid eyes on it I knew it was damaged even before opening the box :( 

13 hours ago, fish said:

The white and the clear are supposedly from the same pressing. seller probably just opened one and figured they'd all be the same. honest mistake there. but a real dick move not responding to you on ebay.

In my message I clearly told them I would take an opened copy if they could just assure it was the one pictured, but still nothing. The hunt continues...

2 hours ago, rooks said:

So many copies of the marble in that "box" they found. Must have really been stupidly rare before the past few months. Like, sub-100 copies...

So according to vinyl films 150 were pressed total. He listed 25 signed copies on Caldo Verde, although my signed has  /50 written on the back.  I'm not sure if he had them on tour or not either. Plus it seems they only had 5 or so tops at a time on these sites. It seems very likely they had 50+ in a box leftover.

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, thomasec said:

I purchased several copies of admiral fell promises in hopes of getting a marbled one (which I finally got through the melody supreme bundle) , so I have a few extra black copies if anyone is interested. I was thinking $50 shipped in the US - you can check my feedback on ebay. 

PM'd

8 hours ago, thomasec said:

I purchased several copies of admiral fell promises in hopes of getting a marbled one (which I finally got through the melody supreme bundle) , so I have a few extra black copies if anyone is interested. I was thinking $50 shipped in the US - you can check my feedback on ebay. 

PM sent.

• 3 weeks later...

Amoeba had a  white April for sale recently too for $200 which i thought was overpriced. The white Ghosts is sadly probably around market value for $300-$350 sealed. Some dude who sells high $ amount Vinyl Film and Pearl Jam records a lot on ebay sold a handful of  these and even some signed ones a few months back. Although i heard some of them were actually black when opened.

Edited by fish