The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

14 minutes ago, xxmartinxx said:

I got mine today.  I'm not normally one to complain, but Bullmoose did a shitty job of packaging mine.  It was just floating around a box that was too big for it and the one corner got dinged.

Odd, their packaging is normally real good.  Mine was in one of their normal mailers and it fit just fine.

2 hours ago, JohnMatrix said:

Finally got shipping notice from CV. So glad I didn't cancel and go with Bullmoose or Amazon......

Same boat, mine's going to arrive next Wednesday. I'm sure it'll arrive with something really cool, like an autograph or Mark's receipt from the In-N-Out Burger. 

On 6/16/2017 at 4:44 PM, xxmartinxx said:

I got mine today.  I'm not normally one to complain, but Bullmoose did a shitty job of packaging mine.  It was just floating around a box that was too big for it and the one corner got dinged.

This happened to me on the expensive Red House Painters box, first pressing, ordered from Bullmoose. Mine arrived all beat up, with terrible packing. :( I felt damned. 

2 hours ago, untiliwakeup said:

I'm looking forward to when he's releasing his "sings favorites" on vinyl. That's actually really good stuff. He put some effort into it. 

I feel like that and Like Rats would've seen a pressing by now if there were any plans to release them.  I prefer Rats, but I enjoy them both a lot.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bobfrombob said:

Couldn't find a post for this - sorry if it's old news.  "30 Seconds to the Decline of Planet Earth" listed on Bullmoose

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/25472804/jesu-sun-kil-moon-30-seconds-to-the-decline-of-planet-earth-2lp

Very excited for this!  Thanks for the link!

FINALLY completed my SKM collection.  Acquired Marble April. Sleeve has a tiny mark on bottom of spine and a crease on the back, but it came sealed. The record itself sounds great except at times there is MINOR surface noise that is barely noticeable unless I'm REALLY listening for it. Anyone else's marble (or white/black for that matter) copies have this? 

Collection:

Ghosts of the Great Highway (w/Obi, signed by Mark)

Tiny Cities (Black)

April (Marble Promo)

Among the Leaves (Black Promo)

Admiral Fell Promises (Marble Promo)

Perils From The Sea (Marble Promo)

Benji (Yellow)

Universal Themes (Black)

Common As Light And Love Are Red Valleys Of Blood (Black)

Not a fan of the Jesu stuff. TBH not a fan of the latter two albums that much either so I should probably grab those at some point for ~*completions sake*~ 

21 hours ago, bobfrombob said:

Couldn't find a post for this - sorry if it's old news.  "30 Seconds to the Decline of Planet Earth" listed on Bullmoose

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/25472804/jesu-sun-kil-moon-30-seconds-to-the-decline-of-planet-earth-2lp

Nice! Thanks for posting. I love this album. Much better than his solo SKM record

8 hours ago, Kanye West said:

FINALLY completed my SKM collection.  Acquired Marble April. Sleeve has a tiny mark on bottom of spine and a crease on the back, but it came sealed. The record itself sounds great except at times there is MINOR surface noise that is barely noticeable unless I'm REALLY listening for it. Anyone else's marble (or white/black for that matter) copies have this?  

You may have just left them off your list, but you're missing the I'll Be There 10" and the Tonight the Sky 12"

Edited by jonrawks