The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

3 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

You may have just left them off your list, but you're missing the I'll Be There 10" and the Tonight the Sky 12"

Oh I was talking about the LPs. I have the Vinyl Films box-set which has Third and Seneca (and Duk Koo Kim) and I also own Tonight the Sky (White) 

Gotta figure out how to get that marble ghosts (LOL) into my signed jacket and upgrade my tiny cities to marble and Benji to the multicolor. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This sounds like it would make much more sense as a Pale Sketcher records, as opposed to Jesu.  It's far more beat heavy than I think any other Jesu release has been, I'm not hearing anything dirgey!.  Musically, it seems to tread a little closer to Perils than the last SKM/Jesu release.  Not entirely sure what I think of the album as whole yet.  Some of it I really like, but some of the 'old man Mark rants' wear a bit (and I think I like those more than most people in this thread).  Common As Light grew on me quite a bit after a few listens, feel like the stuff I don't like on here will too.

I've come to realize that most of his new work will grow on me over time. I did not like Common...very much when it came out but lately I find myself listening to and enjoying a lot of it. Even that little EP with the guy from Parquet Courts has grown on me somewhat. I still don't think it's great but I don't hate it anymore

This Jesu record is great though I think. It's definitely not the same as the first one. Maybe that was the intent

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, Karpatenhunde77 said:

I had no idea that there is a ghosts reissue just around the corner. Figured I should share this with you guys:

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/sun-kil-moon-ghosts-of-the-great-highway/hnum/8055686

giphy.gif

58 minutes ago, Karpatenhunde77 said:

I had no idea that there is a ghosts reissue just around the corner. Figured I should share this with you guys:

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/sun-kil-moon-ghosts-of-the-great-highway/hnum/8055686

Of course a few months after I buy the OG for 250. At least mine is signed so I can take solace in that fact. Gonna be moderately annoyed if it's identical tho...