The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

13 minutes ago, Brandon543088 said:

I ordered a clear copy back in the day and got number 27# I know there's two jacket variants for the clear.

Indeed there are. One has white lettering and the other has black lettering. Which does your copy have? Mine has the black so I've been trying to find one with the white lettering for variant sake..

Edit: Mine is #52

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

Just now, untiliwakeup said:

I received my perils from melody supreme, and it's the promo press. Just ordered benji from bullmoose...This is insane. 

So far from this random back stock I've picked up:

Benji: Black & Red

Perils: Promo

Union Chapel: Black

Xmas Carols: Black & Red

Admiral Fell Promises: Black

Luna offered me Perils on Blue but I opted for something else and ended up with two Perils promos. Anyone got a Blue copy they wanna trade me straight up before I pass it along for cost?

1 minute ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

So far from this random back stock I've picked up:

Benji: Black & Red

Perils: Promo

Union Chapel: Black

Xmas Carols: Black & Red

Admiral Fell Promises: Black

Luna offered me Perils on Blue but I opted for something else and ended up with two Perils promos. Anyone got a Blue copy they wanna trade me straight up before I pass it along for cost?

I'd be willing to trade my blue copy. I'll shoot you a message. 

I've been lucky enough to have every release from the koz I've wanted,  with the exception of benji and perils, so I'm feeling pretty good now!

As for future represses, I believe I read somewhere awhile ago that he is against it. Something about not wanting to see his records in thrift store dollar bins, or something. 

4 minutes ago, fish said:

I believe it is actually limited to 500. 200 of them are numbered. Not sure if the numbered ones are all the same sleeve? Maybe the other sleeve is for the other 300?

Looks like we're both wrong lol. VF website says 400 copies, so maybe 200 & 200? All I know is, I need one with the white lettering if anyone has one to let go of *cough cough*

http://www.theuncool.com/vinyl/mark-kozelek-live-at-union-chapel-sodra-teatern/

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

39 minutes ago, untiliwakeup said:

I've been lucky enough to have every release from the koz I've wanted,  with the exception of benji and perils, so I'm feeling pretty good now!

As for future represses, I believe I read somewhere awhile ago that he is against it. Something about not wanting to see his records in thrift store dollar bins, or something. 

I cringe in horror when I look at pieces I have parted with in the past as a need to fund things like a down payment for my last car, and knowing there are other things I passed on for shelf price at the time, only to see them now beyond what I consider sane to spend on a single album... 

3 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I cringe in horror when I look at pieces I have parted with in the past as a need to fund things like a down payment for my last car, and knowing there are other things I passed on for shelf price at the time, only to see them now beyond what I consider sane to spend on a single album... 

I've been in the same boat! Actually, I shouldn't even be buying these records now, but to pass this up would be a huge mistake for a kozelek record collector. 

1 minute ago, untiliwakeup said:

I've been in the same boat! Actually, I shouldn't even be buying these records now, but to pass this up would be a huge mistake for a kozelek record collector. 

No kidding! I've pretty much grabbed everything I could directly from Koz/VF/Caldo Verde for the past nearly 15 years or so I guess? I had a sealed autographed copy of Ghost that I paid shelf price for and sold it to someone in Sweden because I had to have a car :( 

3 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

No kidding! I've pretty much grabbed everything I could directly from Koz/VF/Caldo Verde for the past nearly 15 years or so I guess? I had a sealed autographed copy of Ghost that I paid shelf price for and sold it to someone in Sweden because I had to have a car :( 

Damn, that is terrible, but a car is pretty essential.hopefully you had another copy of ghosts at least?  I've been tempted to sell my signed promo AFP from time to time, I Just could  never bring myself to do it.