The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

My copy of ghosts is so bloody noisy through the first and part of the second track its not funny. Sounds like non-fill to me. Going to give it a clean tomorrow with the spin clean and if it doesn't fix it this is going back to amazon. Not impressed. Bummer as the vinyl looks great and is super flat. Everyone elses comments leave me thinking it may not be worth getting a replacement copy.

37 minutes ago, mikeburns said:

My copy of ghosts is so bloody noisy through the first and part of the second track its not funny. Sounds like non-fill to me. Going to give it a clean tomorrow with the spin clean and if it doesn't fix it this is going back to amazon. Not impressed. Bummer as the vinyl looks great and is super flat. Everyone elses comments leave me thinking it may not be worth getting a replacement copy.

Which Amazon did you get it from? Or, perhaps more importantly, where was your wax pressed?

1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

Is rough trade the eu version?

I went through 3 versions of the US versions and all had issues

1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

Is rough trade the eu version?

I went through 3 versions of the US versions and all had issues

I ordered it from the us rough trade. Not sure how to tell if it’s the optimal or gz press. 

8 hours ago, Endserenading said:

I ordered it from the us rough trade. Not sure how to tell if it’s the optimal or gz press. 

Run outs are different.

Gz pressing is us:

https://www.discogs.com/Sun-Kil-Moon-Ghosts-Of-The-Great-Highway/release/11559695

Optimal is uk:

https://www.discogs.com/Sun-Kil-Moon-Ghosts-Of-The-Great-Highway/release/11440590

Edited by fish

Anyone order from amazon UK and have it take forever?  

I have a US copy of the album still sealed... I'm waiting to return it till I receive the UK one.  I hope it's just a slight delay, but it shipped on Feb 21 and the estimate said I should've gotten it by the 8th.  I used to get amazon UK packages within a week in the past, but admit I haven't ordered in awhile till now

On 3/7/2018 at 9:30 PM, docbronze said:

Which Amazon did you get it from? Or, perhaps more importantly, where was your wax pressed?

Got it from Amazon US... assuming it is a US pressing. All the rest of the sides are beautifully quiet, just the first two tracks have some noise. It is reduced with a clean but still there. Definitely a non-fill issue rather than a dirty pressing as some are suggesting. Such a shame that for the sake of improved efficiency producers of records cut corners. Ah well it is less of an issue after a clean, most will not notice (though I am a little obsessive when it comes to new records).

2 hours ago, mikeburns said:

Got it from Amazon US... assuming it is a US pressing. All the rest of the sides are beautifully quiet, just the first two tracks have some noise. It is reduced with a clean but still there. Definitely a non-fill issue rather than a dirty pressing as some are suggesting. Such a shame that for the sake of improved efficiency producers of records cut corners. Ah well it is less of an issue after a clean, most will not notice (though I am a little obsessive when it comes to new records).

Glad to hear you're finding it palateable at least, but still a clear bummer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JohnMatrix said:

New record is streaming for those who still enjoy his new music. I love this one so far. Very simple and guitar driven

http://www.sunkilmoon.com/markkozelekselftitled/

Is it more of that spoken word or rambling about uselessness that the last few records have been or is it more like the early stuff.