Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly

pimp-butterfly-cover.jpeg

The details of Kendrick Lamar's sophomore album have been kept quiet, even after he released "i," his first "good kid, m.A.A.d city" follow-up track. But the rapper has announced that the LP, called To Pimp A Butterfly, will arrive March 23. He tweeted a link Friday to the iTunes pre-order:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/untitled/id974187289

Last month, Lamar dropped "The Blacker The Berry," produced by Boi-1da, which is the only confirmed song on iTunes' tracklist.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/06/kendrick-lamar-untitled_n_6819896.html

As of right now no official announcement of vinyl. Will update when more info is released...

To Pimp A Butterfly tracklist:
1. Wesley’s Theory
2. For Free? (Interlude)
3. King Kunta
4. Institutionalized
5. These Walls
6. u
7. Alright
8. For Sale? (Interlude)
9. Momma
10. Hood Politics
11. How Much A Dollar Cost
12. Complexion
13. The Blacker The Berry
14. You Ain’t Gotta Lie (Momma Said)
15. i
16. Mortal Man

i've probably said it 100 times already, but this is one of the many albums that provide the potential for 2015 to be the best year for album releases ever.

It's...alright.

I don't know why everyone seems to be all up on his jock. Definitely not greatest alive, probably not even best in the last 10 years.

Easily one of the better releases in mainstream Hip Hop in a long time. The different voices and his flow throw some people off but I love it.

The Blacker The Berry was fantastic

i mean, it's going to have 20 tracks, but I guarantee this album will be around $10 in Best Buy when it first comes out. Those who buy it now and pay the $15 are just idiots. lol

I don't pirate music so I don't mind paying whatever the cost is until it's released. Why does that make someone an idiot?

Easily one of the better releases in mainstream Hip Hop in a long time. The different voices and his flow throw some people off but I love it.

The Blacker The Berry was fantastic

I don't pirate music so I don't mind paying whatever the cost is until it's released. Why does that make someone an idiot?

You got me listening to J. Cole talking about him earlier (I think it was you), I'd say he's miles ahead of Kendrick, but different strokes.

I think all the skits and shit on GKMC just really turned me off. I've never been much into skits, even though I know on GKMC they helped move a story along. I maybe felt like he was spoon feeding the story too much... Just let the music tell it, you know?