Ryam Adams - PAX AM Records

Agreed, the country stuff I can do without. It's well written but still meh for me. Such a versatile dude though

My favorite stuff of his kind of rides the line between acoustic and electric. I think the interaction between the two different types of guitars is really interesting. Nobody Girl is a pretty good example.

My favorite stuff of his kind of rides the line between acoustic and electric. I think the interaction between the two different types of guitars is really interesting. Nobody Girl is a pretty good example.

I feel like Nobody Girl doesnt get enough love, it is such a great song. As far as his country stuff JCN is probably my favorite album of his, and Whiskeytown was amazing.

I saw him in Auckland last night. They are selling a selection of records at the merch desk including the yellow pressing of 1984. 

I was pretty stoked to grab 1984 for a reasonable price (NZD$15), as I have been looking for one for a while!

i was living in Auckland back in 06 and was just discovering Adams. He was supposed to come through town while i was there but he ended up canceling the show. Then he quit the cardinals shortly thereafter. Had to wait until 2011 to see him in Copenhagen! haha had to chase that boy around for quite some time to finally see him. 

i was living in Auckland back in 06 and was just discovering Adams. He was supposed to come through town while i was there but he ended up canceling the show. Then he quit the cardinals shortly thereafter. Had to wait until 2011 to see him in Copenhagen! haha had to chase that boy around for quite some time to finally see him. 

Took me 10 years to see him. Finally got to this past May.

Took me only two or three years to see him, but he stormed off after 7 songs because he wasnt happy with the sound. I was pretty hesitant to ever see him again.

Saw him with Whiskeytown in '97 in a bar full of approximately 20 people, 15 of which were my friends sitting at the same table in the balcony. He and Caitlin came out for a solo encore, and after a few songs began asking for requests. One of my drunken friends asked to hear some "Tupelo", and he proceeded to throw an epic fit about how much Uncle Tupelo sucked...and then stormed off the stage. The alt country movement was gaining a ton of steam at this point in time, the first copy of No Depression had recently hit the shelves, documenting the movement..aptly named after Tupelo's first album.

• 2 weeks later...