Ryam Adams - PAX AM Records

17 minutes ago, spaceghost said:

I'm sure I will regret passing on this, but I have to. Too expensive for a bunch of 45s. 

Seriously? This is not just "a bunch of 45's" - the thing has real working lights and sound for christ sake. Sets like this are NOT cheap or easy to produce. If it's too much for you I completely understand, but don't kid yourself about what this actually is. It's an amazing set for any fan of his. I wish some of my fav. bands would do more stuff like this.

16 minutes ago, bossdj26 said:

Yea but are they on the actual records or do we just get a digital download?

They are probably the b-sides of the 7 inches. It says there are 12 7" vinyl's that contain all the tracks from Prisoner. That's 12 b-sides to fit 17 tracks. 

Edit: it also says:

• B-sides will be sent digitally when the End of World Edition ships

So I think they're both on the vinyl & digital

Edited by the industry

25 minutes ago, the industry said:

Seriously? This is not just "a bunch of 45's" - the thing has real working lights and sound for christ sake. Sets like this are NOT cheap or easy to produce. If it's too much for you I completely understand, but don't kid yourself about what this actually is. It's an amazing set for any fan of his. I wish some of my fav. bands would do more stuff like this.

More power to you, if you think it's worthwhile. I am a big fan of Ryan, and have spent a lot of dough through the years on the boxsets and singles and whatnot. Just can't see myself enjoying what feels more like novelty than a must-have release. 

I don't think anyone would argue it isn't a novelty piece.  But let's be honest the vinyl world Pretty much revolves around novelty and collectibIty otherwise there would be no limited edition, colored vinyl, alternative covers etc.

Much like a sizable portion of records bought very few of these sets will actually see a turntable.

12 randomly selected box sets will contain a one-of-a-kind solo acoustic 7" of one of Prisoner’s 12 tracks recorded direct-to-vinyl in the vintage Voice-O-Graph booth at Electric Lady studios. Only one single of each song exists and only one run of the Prisoner: End of World Edition will be ever be pressed.

So that's kinda cool too.

20 minutes ago, jonnywreck said:

Argh- was gonna pull the trigger at $150 (regretfully) , but after factoring in shipping this might be dead in the water for me.

But if there's a fucking ONE OF A KIND RECORD in mine then it'd be totally worth it? Gonna go poop and think on this.

Im in the same boat.

It's gonna be a pain in the ass to listen to....but 17 B-sides! Not to mention how much this will cost on the secondary market if I change my mind later.

Decisions, decisions.....

Okay, at first I thought this was just all the songs from the record on 7"s. I never buy sets like that cause I'll never listen to them that way. But really, what you're getting here is 12 singles from the record with b-sides. I bet a lot of Adams fans would be buying each of those 7"s if they were a part of the monthly series he did before. So at the end of the day, this is a pretty cool set for hardcore fans. I have an almost-complete pax-am collection and I love the new record so i'll bite the bullet. If it had been a 6-7" set featuring all the songs for half the price, I would've passed. But I'm all about getting 17 additional songs on vinyl. 

1 hour ago, woofwoofgrr said:

But he's only got 5...HURRY

16 hours ago, woofwoofgrr said:

Wow, doucebaggery has reached a whole new level. Sweet!