Ryam Adams - PAX AM Records

19 minutes ago, jrodan said:

right, and they are blaming the label which is not rough trade. rough trade just has an exclusive pressing. they did not have anything to do with pressing the record. Adams' label Pax Americana did.

I did not know that. Thank you for clearing that up. I thought it was a brazen thing to say. 

Some of you guys whine way too much. How long have you been collecting records? How many labels or Discogs sellers always reach out when things are a bit delayed? Do you think that Rough Trade is going to jump at the chance to do something like this again when they have been subjected to a barrage of email that reeks of entitlement? Don't worry kids, your precious 12" of vinyl will eventually show up so that you can brag that you have something that someone else doesn't so that you can feel superior for about 12 minutes. 

12 hours ago, streetwaves said:

Some of you guys whine way too much. How long have you been collecting records? How many labels or Discogs sellers always reach out when things are a bit delayed? Do you think that Rough Trade is going to jump at the chance to do something like this again when they have been subjected to a barrage of email that reeks of entitlement? Don't worry kids, your precious 12" of vinyl will eventually show up so that you can brag that you have something that someone else doesn't so that you can feel superior for about 12 minutes. 

Entitlement ? Call me crazy, but I like it when a label (or anyone) is true to their word. Rough Trade has over 1000 people wondering where their orders are and have made ZERO effort in communicating  this delay to their customers. Poor form is poor form.  

14 hours ago, streetwaves said:

If a pressing is delayed any other distributor or label would usually communicate that. Bull Moose, for example, never fails to send out an email anytime a release date changes. 

6 hours ago, Velocity of Sound said:

Entitlement ? Call me crazy, but I like it when a label (or anyone) is true to their word. Rough Trade has over 1000 people wondering where their orders are and have made ZERO effort in communicating  this delay to their customers. Poor form is poor form.  

The sounds of entitlement. Take a deep breath and employ some patience.

5 hours ago, aju2streets said:

If a pressing is delayed any other distributor or label would usually communicate that. Bull Moose, for example, never fails to send out an email anytime a release date changes. 

If this is your first time experiencing something like this---be prepared for a lifetime of disappointment. 

1 hour ago, streetwaves said:

The sounds of entitlement. Take a deep breath and employ some patience.

I don't think it's entitlement. Anyone posting on here should understand that pressing delays are a thing, and especially when it's not new material like Live At Rough Trade, I don't really mind waiting an extra month or so. The problem is the lack of communication. A simple email sent out to those that ordered it explaining they'd be shipped in batches as they arrived would be enough. 

Edited by aju2streets

streetwaves talkin' like he didn't get a copy lol.

sometimes orders get delayed. the right thing to do is to let your people know. sometimes people don't always do the right thing.

record is quiet as shit. good performance tho. he rules. glad i got to see him a couple times in 2017.

Unfortunately, in the scramble to get as many as possible out the door, we're not entirely sure what order the labels were printed in, what order they were applied... etc. It was just a big ol' stack of 800 labels that a few people took turns helping with.

I'm sorry I can't give you any more information, but I promise we are trying our best and learning many lessons for next time. :(

This is the latest response I've received. 

I was in the second wave of US orders and I have mine. However, the address label was incorrect and it was going to be returned to sender. I had to hassle USPS to snag it before it left town. 

That said, I've ordered from Rough Trade UK many times with no issues, other than the prices. 

Edited by spaceghost

Hello Ryan Adams Customers, 

To start off, we sincerely apologize. Due to a massive error, our shipment of Live at Rough Trade was delayed arriving and half the order still has not made it's way here (although we do have a confirmation it's in transit). Then we made a big mistake letting the orders process in an attempt to help ship them out faster before we found out that they were delayed. Then, only yesterday we found out our system has a bug that it does not print out shipping labels in the order they were received but instead in a random order.   

We can't apologize enough to all the customers that have not received this record yet, but we promise we're checking daily to make sure the records are still on track. We're also changing/ updating our processes to make sure this does not continue and you receive your record as soon as possible. We'll update you when we have more information. 

Best, 
Rough Trade 

Seems like they could have avoided this by selling the second batch as a second pressing with a different release date. Wasn't it originally limited to 1,000 copies and then they put up more a few weeks later?  So now there's around 2,000. I don't know how they can blame the label. It's pretty much all on Rough Trade IMO. It's not really a big deal to me, I don't need it today - but I don't like the constant excuses and seemingly different excusses depending on type of complaint. This will have an impact on me ordering from them in the future mostly because of them not being straight forward. I would probably sooner order from the UK store instead of US at this point.

Edited by bluetripleb1
words

On 1/4/2018 at 2:52 PM, warhenrecords said:

streetwaves talkin' like he didn't get a copy lol.

sometimes orders get delayed. the right thing to do is to let your people know. sometimes people don't always do the right thing.

record is quiet as shit. good performance tho. he rules. glad i got to see him a couple times in 2017.

My copy is sitting right here.