Ryam Adams - PAX AM Records

I think anything that followed up the 05 albums was gonna get backlash. Those were difficult albums to top. ET had a bunch of little things people thought was wrong with it (Two being too straight forward plus Sheryl Crow, remaking 2 classic tracks and making them sound worse than their Suicide Handbook version, lackluster recordings vs their live counterpart), on top of all that he had just gotten sober, which was after a couple years of audience clashing, and playing either ramshackle or spectacular shows. So his persona was a bit dicey and his fan base was wary. It was a burnout period for everyone TBH.

Ultimately I think ET has aged really well. I do think the production on it is pretty bad, but the songs are really great.

Cardinalology was really well produced but outside of 2-3 tracks, the songs aren't there. It's a pretty forgettable record IMO.

I think anything that followed up the 05 albums was gonna get backlash. Those were difficult albums to top. ET had a bunch of little things people thought was wrong with it (Two being too straight forward plus Sheryl Crow, remaking 2 classic tracks and making them sound worse than their Suicide Handbook version, lackluster recordings vs their live counterpart), on top of all that he had just gotten sober, which was after a couple years of audience clashing, and either ramshackle or spectacular shows so his persona was a bit pricey and his fanbase was wary.

Ultimatly I think ET has aged really well. I do think the production on it is pretty bad, but the songs are really great.

Cardinalology was really well produced but outside of 2-3 tracks, the songs aren't there. It's a pretty forgettable record IMO.

I was a little late to the game when it game to Ryan (started really listening and buying his stuff 5 or so years ago) and straight away I really enjoyed Easy Tiger. When I tell my OG Ryan fan friends that it's one of my favs of his I get all kinds of eye rolls but fuck it, I enjoy it so who cares? 

I have a really weird version of this   

since we're on the topic.

does anyone know anything about this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/9GWf2hjcAR/?taken-by=recordnerdz

Cobraside pressing. Few hundred ended up like that. I had one back in the day and they told me they had to replace copies of one of the disc, so did it in a color pressing.