Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne DLC Hype Train

1 hour ago, Dave Grohl said:

I forgot how unforgiving this game is. Haha. I wish there was an easier to go into this. My main is NG+7 so I don't know if I'm over leveled or what, or if I should start a new character and go through it. Hmm.

I played it on my main at about 125 on NG+2 and it was a pretty good challenge. 

2 minutes ago, batman said:

I played it on my main at about 125 on NG+2 and it was a pretty good challenge. 

I haven't played in a couple months. I think I just need to get back into the swing of things. Definitely looks interesting so far though. I think in actually NG+6, not 7. The wolves are cool. 

5 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I haven't played in a couple months. I think I just need to get back into the swing of things. Definitely looks interesting so far though. I think in actually NG+6, not 7. The wolves are cool. 

Yeah lots of wolves lol. Whole thing only took around 5 hours but I took it pretty slow and got stuck on the last boss for a long time.  I've heard of people beating it in 2 hours but I'm guessing they were either way over leveled or just ran through stuff. 

21 minutes ago, batman said:

Yeah lots of wolves lol. Whole thing only took around 5 hours but I took it pretty slow and got stuck on the last boss for a long time.  I've heard of people beating it in 2 hours but I'm guessing they were either way over leveled or just ran through stuff. 

I'm definitely going to ride my time, as always, and explore every inch I can. 

• 5 months later...

Us: Niko was harder than DS.

Haven't gotten play much cause of not getting home from work till 10pm, but damn this is fun. At the first Ringed City bonfire. Took down the first boss under ten tries which I feel like is a big deal as a pyro. Haha. Fun fun fun. 

7 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Us: Niko was harder than DS.

Haven't gotten play much cause of not getting home from work till 10pm, but damn this is fun. At the first Ringed City bonfire. Took down the first boss under ten tries which I feel like is a big deal as a pyro. Haha. Fun fun fun. 

What's Niko?

DLC is pretty easy honestly :\ Probably the easiest DLC in the entire series. It's also disappointingly short but I had way too high hopes that From would blow it out for their last hurrah.

Still good and fun. But, wish there was more - naturally.

4 minutes ago, batman said:

Yeah I struggled far more with Sister Friede or whatever than TRC bosses. That new covenant is fun though. 

Yah but it's a shame I feel like it makes that boss fight such a toss up :\ You get a real tryhard or a laggy mofo and the whole fight is a bitch. Or you get someone who is pvping for the first time and the fight is over before you know it haha.

Artorias is still best DLC by far. DS2 is best as far as quantity/difficulty.

7 minutes ago, rooks said:

Yah but it's a shame I feel like it makes that boss fight such a toss up :\ You get a real tryhard or a laggy mofo and the whole fight is a bitch. Or you get someone who is pvping for the first time and the fight is over before you know it haha.

Artorias is still best DLC by far. DS2 is best as far as quantity/difficulty.

It's a throwback to DeS. Bloodborne has the best DLC imho. Arty and Manus are incredible though. 

1 minute ago, batman said:

It's a throwback to DeS. Bloodborne has the best DLC imho. Arty and Manus are incredible though. 

Artorias just gave me feels. Made me grow up to be a real Souls player. Had such a hard time on him until I gave up, went fully naked no shield with a scythe and played him over and over until I learned his tells and could beat him without getting hit. He's my favorite. And now I wear the Wolf Knight armor in his honor haha

8 hours ago, rooks said:

What's Niko?

DLC is pretty easy honestly :\ Probably the easiest DLC in the entire series. It's also disappointingly short but I had way too high hopes that From would blow it out for their last hurrah.

Still good and fun. But, wish there was more - naturally.

Nioh* damn autocorrect. 

It's funny how I'm reading so many people complaining about the difficulty. I'm not too deep in yet, but I don't think it's hard. Feel Ashes was harder. But now that I'm used to Ashes I can smash Sister first try again and again. I actually love that fight now. Regardless, it's gorgeous so far and I'm stoked to go home and play more. 

And we'll always be disappointed cause we all love this series so, so damn much. We always want more. 

1 hour ago, Dave Grohl said:

people complaining about the difficulty.

they're playing the wrong game series haha. it took me a while to figure out a few spots (for example, the trick to killing the laser angels). and the winning strategy for killing the optional boss runs counter to how you handle pretty much every other instance of that type of boss in the series. 

• 1 year later...

There's one boss that was really the turning point for me, and the combat has clicked a lot better since. Was stuck for hours though. I think the things I miss the most are the weird community shenanigans and FashionSouls. 

Really wanna know what @rooks & (impossible to tag) @✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ think. It's a pretty huge departure from what made DS great.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2015 at 12:18 PM, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Edited by batman

9 hours ago, batman said:

There's one boss that was really the turning point for me, and the combat has clicked a lot better since. Was stuck for hours though. I think the things I miss the most are the weird community shenanigans and FashionSouls. 

Really wanna know what @rooks & (impossible to tag) @✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ think. It's a pretty huge departure from what made DS great.

Been getting my ass kicked, haha. I haven't had too much time to really devote to it just yet, I'm only a couple of bosses in (first area or two still).

I'll say, the prosthetics are cool, and I like that there are a decent number of them - but they are nowhere near as cool as the BB weapons, which makes me wish there were a little more RPG elements involved.. using a single Katana the whole game is kind of meh, imo. At the very least they could have done something like the KH route where weapon differences are largely cosmetic and maybe a tiny stat boost here or there for different ones. But boring when there's no drops and 9 out of ten of the items on the ground you try to kill yourself to grab are fucking ceramic shards lol.

I'm also just NOT into the setting or themes at all. Samurai/ninja shit does less than 0 for me. To each his own, I know a lot of people are into that - but the dark graveyard medieval/fantasy feel of Dark Souls or the gothic lovecraftian setting of Bloodborne are so much more interesting to me.

Still - I always enjoy a From game, and will git gud soon enough I am sure.

I'm holding off on Sekiro until it goes about half price. I've already got a backlog and learning that there aren't a really rpg elements kind of turned me off a little. Liked the souls games and bloodborne of course, and actually really enjoyed Nioh too, so this looked right up my alley at first. I think I'll still enjoy it, but the backlog calls to me.

edit: Plus...cuphead for switch is coming soon!

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

4 hours ago, rooks said:

Been getting my ass kicked, haha. I haven't had too much time to really devote to it just yet, I'm only a couple of bosses in (first area or two still).

I'll say, the prosthetics are cool, and I like that there are a decent number of them - but they are nowhere near as cool as the BB weapons, which makes me wish there were a little more RPG elements involved.. using a single Katana the whole game is kind of meh, imo. At the very least they could have done something like the KH route where weapon differences are largely cosmetic and maybe a tiny stat boost here or there for different ones. But boring when there's no drops and 9 out of ten of the items on the ground you try to kill yourself to grab are fucking ceramic shards lol.

I'm also just NOT into the setting or themes at all. Samurai/ninja shit does less than 0 for me. To each his own, I know a lot of people are into that - but the dark graveyard medieval/fantasy feel of Dark Souls or the gothic lovecraftian setting of Bloodborne are so much more interesting to me.

Still - I always enjoy a From game, and will git gud soon enough I am sure.

Cool, I was hoping you’d dig it. I agree about the prosthetics. There have only been a couple that I’ve found handy. And the lack of drops is a bummer—I miss finding cool armor and weapons. I’ve got loads of inventory that I’ll probably never use. The combat learning curve is no joke. Everytime I’ve felt comfortable-ish with it, the difficulty spikes again. 

5 minutes ago, batman said:

Cool, I was hoping you’d dig it. I agree about the prosthetics. There have only been a couple that I’ve found handy. And the lack of drops is a bummer—I miss finding cool armor and weapons. I’ve got loads of inventory that I’ll probably never use. The combat learning curve is no joke. Everytime I’ve felt comfortable-ish with it, the difficulty spikes again. 

Yeah, hardest part for me is every "drop" is a consumable and short of a couple of poison healing things used in desperation here and there... I'm not in the habit of using consumables in any Souls\Borne game. So 99% of my inventory is useless. Combat is fun when you win and kinda frustrating when you fall into Dodge habits haha. 

Hoping I'll get the hang of it and enjoy it. But the story hasn't done much for me yet, because I don't care for the setting, and the lack of drops\gameplay customization as far as combat style is slightly dampening.