10% off Wax & Stamp - brand new UK vinyl susbcription club

Hello Vinyl Collective

This week we launched our very own vinyl subscription club in the UK called Wax & Stamp. If you want to try us out head to http://waxandstamp.com and use the code 'vinylcollective' when you join for 10% off. 

We had a long read through the thread here about VNYL, and know that a few of you aren't fans of the model, but wanted to explain a bit more about it ourselves, and why we hope this might be something you'd be interested in trying.

Each month, you get one LP and one EP/12" single for £26/month. One of those will be chosen by a guest selector: a DJ, a band, industry figure, whoever it is who's got something interesting to say about music and loves new music. The other one is chosen by us, alternating choices between myself and co-founder each month. These won't be dollar bin records, they'll all be new records with the aim that by the end of the year, you should have 24 of the best releases of the year (from across the board).

Part of the idea for me was because I love hearing new music out by DJs I love, and finding out what the record is - going home, lionising everything about it and repeating. But, that experience is strictly tied to the club - there's still people's taste I inherently trust that I would love to know what their favourite record each month is.

And second, because I personally miss the serendipity I used to have with record buying. I know the labels I love, artists, engineers etc, and so finding new music is almost too formulaic at this point - finding something random doesn't happen like it used to. So I wanted to help recreate that.

I know the hardest audiences to convince to this will be the expert diggers (and probably our least likely audience), but at this early stage (we launched 4 days ago), we need feedback from every which way we can. 

As I said about, if you want to give us a go - you can get 10% using the code vinylcollective, though we are UK only at the moment.

But other than that, we'd love to hear feedback from you guys on what you think of something like this. And if you have any questions, I shall answer them.

Cheers,

Josh