PO: DangerDOOM reissue

Oh...Hello....

2u9hawi.jpg

unfortunately one of the corners took quite a trashing in transit. It's not the thinnest mailer I've ever gotten, but there's really very little protection with this one still.

Standard euro mailer. I suppose I got lucky, mine came unscathed. Although the jacket sheath is a bit awkward, it always looks clean and beautiful. Is this the way they were made in 2005? Anyone with an OG?

unfortunately one of the corners took quite a trashing in transit. It's not the thinnest mailer I've ever gotten, but there's really very little protection with this one still.

not a trashing, but bottom left corner of my green rorschach arrived bent. mailer was pretty dang thin in my book. especially for a transatlantic journey.

Received mine today as well...The sleeves & vinyl are in perfect condition, despite the crappy, thin, tightly-packed mailer.

I was really surprised that the vinyl is so thin... it feels like one of those early 80's Dyna-flex pressings. You'd think with a price tag of $40 that they would be at least 120 gram, but they're nowhere close.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up, this is getting a mass Amazon release as well 8/21:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AO9O8K?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_5&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

What. The. Shit. I'm getting really sick and tired of all these, "HEY GUYS THIS IS SUPER LIMITED BUY THIS SHIT UP NOWWWWWWW.

Oh wait. Nah, just kidding. Amazon," shit.

... the whole point of a repress is to release more and not make the album limited anymore. I always avoid buying off European record stores... stuff is more expensive with the Euro conversion and shipping. They do tend to make it to amazon after the presale is over.

Right? I'm glad that everyone who wants one can get one and all that. Just...don't fuck with my head, record labels!

I don't think it was any more expensive from LEX than it's going on Amazon, so... whatever

It's not "whatever" though. All the hype and stress of trying to pick something up thinking it's super limited is bullshit. I'm not opposed to unlimited pressings, I think they're great. I don't like being misled about things though.

It's not "whatever" though. All the hype and stress of trying to pick something up thinking it's super limited is bullshit. I'm not opposed to unlimited pressings, I think they're great. I don't like being misled about things though.

Yeah, can't say I disagree with you on that. Seems really misleading the way they billed this, but we also don't know the full story. Who knows where Amazon is getting their stock from? And just because it's on Amazon doesn't mean there's thousands of them on there. They could still sell out

Yeah, can't say I disagree with you on that. Seems really misleading the way they billed this, but we also don't know the full story. Who knows where Amazon is getting their stock from? And just because it's on Amazon doesn't mean there's thousands of them on there. They could still sell out

They probably are going through a distributor, I think it will likely still be "limited" to an extent however Lex probably did not sell off as much independently as they hoped, that price tag is still tough to justify

True, true.

I just get frustrated when people seem like they don't care about being misled by those "in power." In this case it's not a huge deal and they don't have a ton of power...it's just a slippery slope.

I don't think it was any more expensive from LEX than it's going on Amazon, so... whatever

Amazon Prime members are getting shipping free for $30.98. I see the frustration of all you loyal fans that got it from the original pre-order,  but its very common for products to be re-sold for less, after they are imported. Also, I think in the advertising they were referencing how the old press went out of stock but didn't say the new one was limited to a small amount.

Amazon Prime members are getting shipping free for $30.98. I see the frustration of all you loyal fans that got it from the original pre-order, but its very common for products to be re-sold for less, after they are imported. Also, I think in the advertising they were referencing how the old press went out of stock but didn't say the new one was limited to a small amount.

YnLt0Bz.jpg

They (Lex) also definitely referenced this new pressing as a "super limited" run.

It's even still on their site with this:

"For the first time in a decade Lex are reissuing a limited quantity of DANGERDOOM - "The Mouse and the Mask". "

And it's been sold out on the Lex site since day one of the POs.

Not 100% sure why you insist on playing devil's advocate here. If this Amazon deal comes to fruition Lex misled us causing many of us to spend more money on something than we would have had we known this wasn't as limited as they made it seem. Granted, it's a marginal amount, but it still chafes my nethers.