(PO Now) mewithoutYou - Pale Horses

Also, just got a response back from Mike (personalized and within 24 hours, so I'm impressed) and he said he'd get me on the list of people for replacement discs. No mention of returning the extra A/B but that make come later.

I really feel bad for these dudes, this is a ton of extra work and lost profit. Sad that it probably wouldn't even help to sue the plant.

Gotta say, seeing some of the stories here make me realize I was pretty lucky. #20/2000 (matching numbers are so satisfying) , got A/B and C/D, no glue problems, I can remove and open everything easily, all parts accounted for, and the sleeve is miraculously almost flawless. A little bit of seam split on the top is all I can see.The inside of this gatefold is really busy though. I feel like if I open it wrong I'll bend a part or something will come sliding out of a pocket. But I feel the sheer amount of extra imagery and vision going on here is pretty well deserving of 50 bucks. If this was my favorite album of all time, I would probably care for it more than my firstborn. 

And while the errors and damages are unfortunate (and probably costly), the handling of the situation far exceeds the expectation. It seems like this is happening more frequently - the label or artist thinks up something unique and complicated about the design of the record, they try it, it doesn't quite meet the expectation, and the label takes responsibility rather than buyers getting shafted. Innovative Leisure is a good example. Just an observation.

Anyway. Satisfied.

I think it would be better for artists/labels/plants/whomever to NOT put up "concept" pictures of colored records at this point. They're always different, and on top of that, no two are usually ever the same. Give it a name, don't post mockups. If they hadn't posted the double rainbow original mockup and had rather just called it that, maybe people would be less butt hurt about the actual turn out. Maybe I should say "maybe". But, people will still find a reason to complain. Has this been said a thousand times yet? If so sorry.

Mike posted this on the mwY subreddit:

We are filing a claim with the plant and we are working to resolve all issues. If you have any issues email [email protected] with your order number and pictures of the damages. It will help us mount a substantial case and give us the information to get you new pieces. We want everyone to feel secure and happy with their purchase.

So I take it nobody has received their black copies yet?

It sounds like the black ones should have arrived to the band about a week after the rainbow copies did, so by my guess we should start getting them about a week after the rainbow copies started showing up - pretty much any day, unless they didn't show up in time.

I've picked up two useful things from the band's Twitter account: that they're being shipped in the order they were received, and that tracking won't be updated if media mail was chosen.

I ordered a black copy within the first hour of preorders, but I still haven't gotten any sort of email since those false shipping notifications went out back in June. Since I got media mail, does that mean I won't get any email notification and that this will just show up out of the blue one day? Or have they just not shipped the black copies at all yet?

Will this madness ever end?

Finally got my rainbow yesterday and was pleasantly surprised with how well this whole package looks (minus the color not being as specified but that's been touched on already). I got lucky in that there didn't not appear to be any major defects with mine but I'm going to have to go over it more carefully tonight just to double check. Overall, like this one a lot better than the 10 stories deluxe.