Zao 7" Xenophobe / Fear Itself

a3261982261_10.jpg

Tracklisting:

A - Xenophobe

B - Fear Itself

Details:

• Pay what you want, minimum $10
  • Pre-order July 1, download available July 10.  Shipping estimate Oct 21st.
  • Tracks are exclusive to this release, will not be on the LP.  However, there will be an alternate version of Xenophobe on the LP.
  • Pressing will be 600 clear vinyl
  • Will be limited to 1 per customer
  • Will come with a download code
  • Initially ONLY available as vinyl, July 10th it will also be available digitally.  Will not be available on CD.
  • Likely only one pressing, and only one "like this", on the off chance there are future pressings they "won't be as unique as this one"
  • Lithograph cover with artwork by Tod Hough
  • Hand assembled and numbered

Order here REMAINING COPIES UPhttps://officialzao.bandcamp.com/album/xenophobe-fear-itself

Shit, I liked the drums on The Funeral of God... whatevs.

That's what a lot of people say (myself included, or at least, I didn't think they were bad).  But they hated them, so *shrug*.  I think in previous interviews they had a very different sound in mind for the drums and it wasn't realized in the finished product, so there is probably a self-biased hatred going on.

Bear in mind that these songs will not be on the LP, and it seems pretty doubtful that they will still be available when the LP pre-order goes up.

Well, I'm buying 7". I typically don't but I need to add new songs to my Zao collection. I'm a huge fan. I have most their stuff on vinyl. Glad you told me this wouldn't be on the LP.

I still buy anything they release though because Blood & Fire blew my mind when I was 15. Will definitely pick this up.

This exactly, except, I was blown away by LIberate. I heart Splinter and liked it but didn't buy Blood and Fire until after I heard how great LIberate was.

• 2 months later...

Parade of Chaos & All Else Failed with Dan doing vocals are probably my top two faves, with Blood & Fire coming in third. Libera Te Ex Inferis has always reminded me of them somehow dipping into Neurosis type territory but doing it well while still holding on to that hardcore underpinning. 

What Zao do you have on vinyl?

As stated...99% of it. Lol

The only variants I am missing are:

Where Blood & Fire "Fest Edition"

Splinter Shards (Black)

Splinter Shards (Test)

and test presses for their first two 7"s

I'm not holding my breath for those last few tests, but the WBAFBR & Splinter variants shouldn't be an issue so long as I have the funds when they crop up.

I need a lot, but this is the Zao stuff I have:

Zao - "Liberate Te Ex Inferis" (First press/black - x/100 [500 total pressed])

Zao - "Liberate Te Ex Inferis" [show edition] (First press/white vinyl/hand-numbered screened OBI strips - #46/50)

Zao - "Liberate Te Ex Inferis" [Test Pressing] (Screened cover - #12/15)

Zao - "Self-Titled" (Black - x/100 [500 pressed total])

Zao - "Self-Titled" [Test Pressing] (Screened cover/black vinyl - #7/10)

Zao - "Where Blood and Fire Bring Rest" (Black vinyl - x/100)

Zao - "Where Blood and Fire Bring Rest" [Festival edition] (Orange marble/Hand-numbered center labels w/ screened OBI strips - #73/100)

Zao/Through and Through [split] - "Treadwater" (Steadfast SFR 003/red - x/750)