Insound Closing Its Doors After 16 Years

I remember them having issues with stock too. Of the few times I ordered with them, there was always a backordered item listed as in stock.

That happened to me a couple times and the item would come back in stock due to a repress WAY later on (6 months+) and I would get a shipping notification.  Fucking ridiculous.

The bubble is bursting!!! (jk)

In s more serious note, kind of sad to see them go since they were one of first online vinyl retail shops during the early vinyl revival days. I think they made some poor business decisions (like requiring UPS shipping on a lot of things) and just lost out once competition started to show up

Speaking of shipping it was very expensive (especially for us europeans) + Insound used to work with UPS for deliveries who's just a pain in the ass...(import taxes, packages stuck in Ups warehouse, lazy deliverymen & customer service)

Plus the backorder thing that kept you hoping and waiting for ages.

However i got some nice deals there (from last sales + black lips arabia Mountain & bonus 7")...

Used to order a bunch from them. Haven't in years due to shipping/prices.

They're about 25 miles from me too, so I get taxed on top.

Hard to compete with Amoeba and Bullmoose that offer free shipping and no tax and sales.

My last experience with them was a painfully slow back-and-forth email exchange with their "customer service" that never resolved my issue.

They did fuck up and send me three records I had cancelled once, so that was kinda cool.

Ordered with them today! Obviously before reading this post ... ;(

They are the only US store which offers $9.99 overseas shipping - all other are between $20-$25!!

Hope this is going through before they close down.

I actually ordered a few things today as well.  A few items that seem to be OOS everywhere else.  Even with the stupid shipping price I saved about $40 compared to current ebay/discogs prices.  I would've held out for some clearance prices, but didn't want to risk it.

I actually ordered a few things today as well. A few items that seem to be OOS everywhere else. Even with the stupid shipping price I saved about $40 compared to current ebay/discogs prices. I would've held out for some clearance prices, but didn't want to risk it.

I can never find anything I am looking for from them. That's great you did, but everything I am looking for is OOS.

Count me in as a heavy breathing creep on the sidelines waiting for liquidation.

Despite their apparent bungling of the business in the late game, if you ignore prices, their selection is incredible. I'm also just adding things to the wish list waiting for a sale that might not even come, just because I know the selection of newish vinyl is exhaustive. And I also see where they did things terribly wrong. I wasn't around for the golden age of Insound - as long as I've known about them, they've been overpriced hype machines. I ordered the Unicorns reissue from them when it seemed like no one else was carrying it, along with a Gold Panda 7", and that's it. I've almost pulled the trigger on some of those 'order 10 LP's from this list and get XX% off' but it always seemed like a waste.

Despite their apparent bungling of the business in the late game, if you ignore prices, their selection is incredible. 

Really? Almost every artist I look up only has one or two releases in stock, or is completely missing from the database.

I've found a handful of albums that I'd want, but IMO they have one of the least comprehensive music selections of any large music dealer that I've bought from.