Wharfedale Diamond line refresh

The Diamond 10 line has been on discount for some time and it looks like is is now replaced by the new Diamond 2xx line. 

I scanned through a few reviews and it looks like they have made a number of beginner oriented changes that could very well push these to the top of the starter recommendation list.

Anybody had a chance to listen to these? 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would suggest to shop around for a better price on the 10.1s. Now that they're being discontinued, I've seen a couple of shops (in Toronto) reduce prices considerably ($279 CAD from $449 list). But then again, having not heard the 220s, I can't tell you whether the price of the new ones is worth it or not.

Buying new speakers within the next month or so and I was eyeing the 10.1s since they are $300 on amazon. Now I can't decide whether to throw in the extra $50 for the 220s.

I bought a pair of demo 220s off Music Direct not too long ago. They were $279 shipped and even though they were demos, they look and sound flawless! I really really like them. But again, I haven't heard the 10.1s though. The only thing I'd say that lacks is probably the bass. Not too much though, just me pointing a weakness. I also have them plugged into a Marantz PM6005 amp.