PO NOW: Jeremy Enigk - New Album (Pledgemusic)

Jeremy is releasing a new album! He's using this pledgemusic fund site to help produce it. You can contribute and get your pre order in for the cd or vinyl. He's also reissuing Ok Bear on vinyl! It's a little pricey but it's all in good spirit to produce the new record!

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/jeremyenigk

Hmmm. Not really a fan of the crowd sourcing route, but I might give this a chance because Jeremy Enigk. My only reservation keeping me from pulling the trigger on both the new album and OK Bear is the lack of details on the source and final product. Single LP pressed from digital for $30? Meh, I can pass on that. I have the Spanish OK Bear and it only sounds okay, so it would have to be an upgrade sound wise. Until they release more details I can hold off.

The other thing that made me leave the page is the capitalization (I spelled it right this time) of the word vinyl in the description for the record. Vinyl is not a proper noun. Don't capitalize it unless it starts a sentence.

• 2 years later...

After a couple of digital listens, i’ll buy the LP. It’s a good album, but I sure wish he’d do something differently production-wise. A lot of the songs blend together due to them all sounding so similar and it seems to be pretty compressed, which doesn’t help there either. I’d say the vocals sound super upfront, but everything sounds super upfront. Felt the same way about OK Bear.