Center warping value/grade?

I bought a small collection this weekend of 70's rock (Zep, AC/DC,Floyd etc) and most of the records have a slight center warp from being stored improperly. The records are beautiful and they play great but before I sell some of my duplicates I'm wondering how a warp like this affects the value/grade? I have had some edge warped records in the past and they typically don't track but these all track perfectly.

In general you wouldn't get much for those records because a lot of that stuff can be found at thriftstores and yard sales. It will effect the value but assuming at the most you'd get $3 a record you might only get $1.50 at the most in this case. People who buy vinyl for listening purposes will notice this, if some dude is buying them for frames or to make bowls out of he won't care.

I bought a small collection this weekend of 70's rock (Zep, AC/DC,Floyd etc) and most of the records have a slight center warp from being stored improperly. The records are beautiful and they play great but before I sell some of my duplicates I'm wondering how a warp like this affects the value/grade? I have had some edge warped records in the past and they typically don't track but these all track perfectly.

Keep the doubles as your listening copies, and save the ones that are not warped. Sure market values are inflated, but your best investments are going to be rare examples of a lot of older music. Look for items that already had some value before this false inflation, those are the ones that won't drop as bad when the bubble pops. I think it would be foolish to pay more than the cost of the original release price for a lot of the stuff that's been released in the last 10-20 years, unless it's a very, very popular band. Just because a label created a scarcity for something hot now, doesn't mean anyone will remember or give a shit in 10-20 years. Show me the hate!

Keep the doubles as your listening copies, and save the ones that are not warped. Sure market values are inflated, but your best investments are going to be rare examples of a lot of older music. Look for items that already had some value before this false inflation, those are the ones that won't drop as bad when the bubble pops. I think it would be foolish to pay more than the cost of the original release price for a lot of the stuff that's been released in the last 10-20 years, unless it's a very, very popular band. Just because a label created a scarcity for something hot now, doesn't mean anyone will remember or give a shit in 10-20 years. Show me the hate!

You make a VERY good point and it's exactly what I tell friends who are non-collectors when they ask, "What records can you sell and get a lot for in a few years?"

Hell if I know, I probably can't even get back what I paid for most of the stuff I have, and that's OK with me. If I was making financial investments for the future it sure as hell wouldn't revolve around splatter colored Blink 182 records.

You make a VERY good point and it's exactly what I tell friends who are non-collectors when they ask, "What records can you sell and get a lot for in a few years?"

Hell if I know, I probably can't even get back what I paid for most of the stuff I have, and that's OK with me. If I was making financial investments for the future it sure as hell wouldn't revolve around splatter colored Blink 182 records.

Lol

Buying things you like is the best practice, unless you're flipping immediately something you know you will make a buck at.

No record store these days will have Zep, AC/DC, Floyd albums priced anywhere close to $3 unless they're in horrible shape. Sure, there's always a chance of finding them at a thrift shop or garage sale, but lately this has become more and more uncommon. When I started collecting around 7 years ago I used to find classic rock all the time, but now I rarely ever do.

No record store these days will have Zep, AC/DC, Floyd albums priced anywhere close to $3 unless they're in horrible shape. Sure, there's always a chance of finding them at a thrift shop or garage sale, but lately this has become more and more uncommon. When I started collecting around 7 years ago I used to find classic rock all the time, but now I rarely ever do.

I'm sorry my friend but there's no room for reality on this forum. Take this nonsense out of here right now!

Here at Vinyl Collective the "bubble" is perpetually about to burst, any new single LP that costs over 14 bucks is overpriced, we will continue to be shocked at the cost of international shipping with every single purchase we make from overseas and every other store we pass by has $1 record bins overflowing with near mint 70s classic rock gems.

Been getting shit for thinking like this my whole life. I dig early Zep, early Sabbath, and all the old punk and hardcore from the 70s and 80s. But that's pretty much it.

Dismissing entire decades of music seems insane to me. I'm sure there are quite a few records you haven't heard that you'd like unless you really only like a limited range of music.

Funkadelic is one of my all time favorites so I'm linking a song below and that Kongos record is pretty damn good. I won't waste either of our time by linking any more haha

Dismissing entire decades of music seems insane to me.

It's as if you're implying those of us who don't care for it were never exposed to it. This is America, that stuff is piped EVERYWHERE. To be clear I never said it was garbage, I just said I don't care for it for all. If you guys say it's the bee's knees then I'll take you word for it, but like tomatoes or mayonnaise I don't need to try it out every so often just to confirm that I still don't like it. If you like fuckin' Deep Purple and Harriet the Spy sandwiches then enjoy the hell out of that, doesn't bother me one bit.

Dismissing entire decades of music seems insane to me. I'm sure there are quite a few records you haven't heard that you'd like unless you really only like a limited range of music.

Funkadelic is one of my all time favorites so I'm linking a song below and that Kongos record is pretty damn good. I won't waste either of our time by linking any more haha

I listen to a lot of different genres, but funk isn't one of them. Sorry. I may be proving your point, but oh well. I live in a college town where every local band plays funk for some God awful reason. Even bands I enjoy, like Rage Against The Machine, have funk parts that bring down the overall song in my opinion. A lot of it also comes down to specific bands. I dig some Zep, Velvet Underground, what have you. But I fuckin hate Aerosmith and AC/DC. Thanks for the recommendations though.