Classic Brasso or comparable product?

Brasso metal polish used to be a cure-all product for taking scratches, hazing, abrasions - really any minor damage out of anything from brass to headlight covers. I've read that it's especially useful for taking the haze out of turntable dustcovers.

The problem is that in 2008, Brasso's formula was changed to comply with new regulations in the United States. The new formula doesn't do shit for scratches and isn't useful for dustcovers. 

I've searched far and wide online and can't find anywhere stocking "classic" Brasso (as it isn't produced anymore, it would just be leftover stock of pre-2008 Brasso anyway), nor can I find any sort of consensus on a comparable product. The dust cover on my Philips could really use a good cleaning - it looks more like my smokey copy of Suicidal Tendencies than the clear it came from the factory.

Can anybody provide a lead on "classic" Brasso, or recommend a comparable product?

Thanks, guys.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...