fbavd1.jpg

this is what it looks like.

^that's definitely not the euro tour press. Looks like the gold one, which I guess they used the same colour as the ltd 7" from the deluxe pre-order package.

Yeah that is definitely that gold press we saw originally. I'm curious as to why we haven't heard anything about this variant.

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, teddy said:

Not new info but no one else has mentioned it, that goldish/yellowish variant is officially on RFC for a little while now. Although it is not labelled as a second press. Still under the first press category and described as /1000.

That variant turned up in the Pirates Press ROTW blog along with the other first press variants. Guess RFC just kept it in their back pocket until the other variants started to run dry.

53 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

That variant turned up in the Pirates Press ROTW blog along with the other first press variants. Guess RFC just kept it in their back pocket until the other variants started to run dry.

I wish they would have done something cooler with like a super limited pre-order. Like a special cover or something like they've done in the past. Especially with this cool (in my opinion) gold variant.

• 6 months later...

remixed version of the title track up for listening here:

not really sure what to say though.. I wasn't a huge fan of the record anyway but found it decent enough. This version sounds even less like the Basement we knew before. Not saying it's bad thing, just not really to my liking I suppose. At least it gets actually cool when the bridge kicks in.

Fueled By Ramen has kinda shitty vinyl prices + distribution so I'm disappointed in that. New rendition of the song sounds pretty good, I'm not really complaining. I think it's fine, although overall FBR is a really weird fit. I won't be buying the seemingly-indefinite-pressing-number $20 remix-reissue LP though. Kinda silly.

If there was a cool mail-order exclusive then I'd consider it, but eh, not really worth it if it's going to be distributed to stores.

Edited by deer

11 hours ago, hyperg1ant said:

The remixed version of Promise Everything sounds like a demo. Shout out to Sam Pura for getting it right in the first take

That's what I thought too. Sounds too rough for me compared to the original, but I like it.

Not sure why they decided to switch labels. RFC is great. :/

Edit: remix is actually really growing on me once I listened with headphones. Might like it more than the original. Not sure how I feel about the "Feeling like a child" part being changed and the ending of the track.

Edited by HybridxReality

On 2/3/2017 at 10:00 PM, HybridxReality said:

Edit: remix is actually really growing on me once I listened with headphones. Might like it more than the original. Not sure how I feel about the "Feeling like a child" part being changed and the ending of the track.

Hated it at first, but really digging it now. Feels more gritty, more similar to IWICSH and Colourmeinkindness. Not sure about getting it on vinyl but still really digging the new mix. 

56 minutes ago, teddy said:

Hated it at first, but really digging it now. Feels more gritty, more similar to IWICSH and Colourmeinkindness. Not sure about getting it on vinyl but still really digging the new mix. 

I agree with you. Definitely feels more familiar with their older albums. It has grown on me and I prefer it over the original now.

I'm also not sure about purchasing the vinyl record for this remix, but I'm curious how the rest of the songs sound.

Completely remixing an album that came out a year ago seems pretty unnecessary. This song sounds like a different recording almost entirely rather than a remix, the vocal track is definitely different. Some odd eq and dynamic choices, like that super loud open high hat and pulling the guitar in the bridge way back. The original bass tone was way cooler. 

If this album wasn't all that well received why not announce this label change with a new EP or something? 

1 hour ago, Vinyl Fury said:

If this album wasn't all that well received why not announce this label change with a new EP or something? 

My thoughts exactly. It feels like this record got all the push its gonna get, at this point after extensive touring/the band being in the same place for the better part of the last year you would think they wrote a few new songs. This album just doesnt have the tracks to propel them the way it seems theyre hoping for.

Also wondered about what seemed like totally redone vocals. I felt as though the original ones were the best sounding part of the record.

While the FBR description says the album is remixed and remastered, this Alternative Press article says the title track is re-recorded, Aqua Sun is remixed -  http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/basement_sign_to_fueled_by_ramen_announce_deluxe_release_of_promise_everyth

makes more sense. 

Edited by Vinyl Fury