I received this yesterday from RFC.

Great news! A shipping label has been created for your order containing Promise Everything, and should be arriving very soon. Your USPS tracking number is posted below, but before you paste your tracking number into the USPS tracker, please read the following note carefully!

The fastest way for us to ship these orders was to batch print all of the shipping labels at once, and then send out bulk shipments at the end of every day. At this time, your package might have been in a shipment that went out a couple days ago and may be out for delivery today, or may have already been delivered.

If not, your label has been printed, but your order is still in the packing queue waiting to be sent out. If you try to track your package and see something like "not found" or "pre-shipment" do not be alarmed, it will update as soon as the package is picked up by USPS. If you do not see any progress by the end of next week, please feel free to reply to this email, and we can give you a more detailed update about the status of your order.

It's strange to me because neither of their previous releases were anything that could stick in my head at all - I probably only easily remember one or two songs from Colourmeinkindness, and I don't think anything stuck from I Wish I Could Stay Here. This album's been so much more memorable than anything they've previously made, I don't know if that's just me; but I love this one.

I don't know if that's just me; but I love this one.

I'm sure plenty of people will love this one. I think the reason it's not very memorable for me is Basement has stuck to the purist rock sound. They don't play around with crazy effects or other instruments. There's nothing wrong with that, but I tend to favor bands that like to switch it up from album to album.

RFC just posted an official release announcement on tumblr: http://runforcoverrecords.tumblr.com/post/138280095776/basement-promise-everything-out-today. FYE splatter is out of 1000. Looks like I'm gunna be getting that, with the discount code it's pretty affordable!

What's the discount code? 

I pre-ordered the deluxe edition from RFC about 20 minutes after it was announced back in October as Basement is one of my favorite bands. I still haven't received anything about it being shipped yet. I have no idea why I still haven't gotten it yet. And I went to my local FYE last night to see the splatter and got yelled at for taking it out of the sleeve so I never even got to actually see it. I love this record so much and it just seems so hard for me to get haha

And I went to my local FYE last night to see the splatter and got yelled at for taking it out of the sleeve so I never even got to actually see it.

It's not a sealed record so why'd they care? I would've told them I was checking for damage cuz you know a damn FYE employee doesn't know shit about records.

I pre-ordered the deluxe edition from RFC about 20 minutes after it was announced back in October as Basement is one of my favorite bands. I still haven't received anything about it being shipped yet. I have no idea why I still haven't gotten it yet. And I went to my local FYE last night to see the splatter and got yelled at for taking it out of the sleeve so I never even got to actually see it. I love this record so much and it just seems so hard for me to get haha

im glad they yelled at you

It's not a sealed record so why'd they care? I would've told them I was checking for damage cuz you know a damn FYE employee doesn't know shit about records.

I have no idea. I was actually pissed, she was like "You know you can't take those out right?" And I said I just wanted to see what color it was. And then she said I had to put it back or I would have to leave.

yo i actually take offense to this.  i work at FYE and obviously am here, and honestly our prompts on vinyl were pretty informative on how to handle, store, and display vinyl.  thought you were through being cruel...

yo i actually take offense to this.  i work at FYE and obviously am here, and honestly our prompts on vinyl were pretty informative on how to handle, store, and display vinyl.  thought you were through being cruel...

Well do you guys have a policy that people aren't allowed to check out the color of the vinyl?

yo i actually take offense to this. i work at FYE and obviously am here, and honestly our prompts on vinyl were pretty informative on how to handle, store, and display vinyl. thought you were through being cruel...

Yo you're probably the only FYE employee that knows shit about vinyl. And yeah, what's the big deal with checking the color of a record that isn't sealed?