Out one day: Citizen - New LP

I heard a new song from this record the first time they played it at the Sub-T in Chicago a few weeks ago. The heaviest thing I have ever heard, so be prepared for that. I wasn't sure if it was new or not since I've only heard Youth, but unless any other songs feature a huge, chugging breakdown followed by the vocalist just screaming the word "Burn," it's new.

Why didn't management just address inaccuracies instead of censoring a thread? Fuck that shit. This is a music discussion board, add to the discussion don't fucking kill it. If that is a true story it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. 

I believe it also said they were making their official announcement soon, so probably just didn't want the cat out of the bag already.

Why didn't management just address inaccuracies instead of censoring a thread? Fuck that shit. This is a music discussion board, add to the discussion don't fucking kill it. If that is a true story it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. 

This. It's not like people were leaking anything. It was speculation at most based on other sources. They could've just said "no comment" until they were ready to make the official announcement. Apple does it all the time..

This. It's not like people were leaking anything. It was speculation at most based on other sources. They could've just said "no comment" until they were ready to make the official announcement. Apple does it all the time..

"It's not like people were leaking anything." 100% incorrect. 

And yeah, a small independent record label and Apple are very comparable organizations, you have a point there. 

"It's not like people were leaking anything." 100% incorrect. 

And yeah, a small independent record label and Apple are very comparable organizations, you have a point there. 

I meant actual audio. I didn't think the cover art was that big a deal, but I apologize if that (or any of my comments) caused any harm. I have no idea where the one that was posted came from, but I just figured it would only make the hype larger. It worked on me!

And we love and support your company, Jeff! I, for one, am looking forward to the official announcement and the new album.

Also- I'll be in touch about possibly getting new tracks to air for my radio show. :)

Yeah I agree with this. I don't understand why the thread had to get killed. It was speculation about a new LP. Nothing libelous or slanderous. In fact it was promotion for the band. Very strange.

Yeah I agree with this. I don't understand why the thread had to get killed. It was speculation about a new LP. Nothing libelous or slanderous. In fact it was promotion for the band. Very strange.

What happened here was absolutely not cool. There is an apology owed to some people around here - absolutely overstepped their bounds and are welcome to come here and explain their actions and behavior. While others have stated they'll let it go I won't. 

Come on in and explain. 

What happened here was absolutely not cool. This bands management owes an apology to some people around here - absolutely overstepped their bounds and are welcome to come here and explain their actions and behavior. While others have stated they'll let it go I won't. 

Come on in and explain. 

Haha...what? Why are you taking this so seriously and personally? You have zero stake in any of this and don't even understand the situation. You're not, and nor is anyone else here entitled to an apology from anyone. Sorry.

To everyone else. Rambo was asked to have it deleted because NONE of the information posted was public. We're not trying to hide anything, we just want the artists to be able to announce their tours and their albums on their own accord. A whole tour for another band that Citizen is apart of was leaked in that thread. There is nothing weird going on behind the scenes here... Grant went into the source code of the management companies website to find information that was not released or meant to be public, and posted it. If you don't understand why we don't want that happening, I don't know what to tell you.

Haha...what? Why are you taking this so seriously and personally? You have zero stake in any of this and don't even understand the situation. You, nor is anyone else here entitled to an apology from anyone. Sorry.

To everyone else. Rambo was asked to have it deleted because NONE of the information posted was public. We're not trying to hide anything, we just want the artists to be able to announce their tours and their albums on their own accord. There is nothing weird going on behind the scenes here... Grant went into the source code of the management companies website to find information that was not released or meant to be public, and posted it. If you don't understand why we don't want that happening, I don't know what to tell you.

I just want to drop this, but let's be clear about me diving into source code. 

I saw the band had a cryptic web site up. I, being curious because of there being SO MANY viral campaigns these days, looked at the source code. The one thing hidden there was a site with more hidden stuff, just like a viral campaign would have. It seemed completely normal to me. Especially since the thing hidden was the album title - just like a viral campaign would do.

I just want to drop this, but let's be clear about me diving into source code. 

I saw the band had a cryptic web site up. I, being curious because of there being SO MANY viral campaigns these days, looked at the source code. The one thing hidden there was a site with more hidden stuff, just like a viral campaign would have. It seemed completely normal to me. Especially since the thing hidden was the album title - just like a viral campaign would do.

I understand this, it shouldn't have been accessible and I appreciate you taking it down. 

create viral campaign site... get pissed when people figure out viral campaign site and look in code... ask mods to delete thread because people here are smarter than you thought and you get mad. 

maybe you shouldn't have created a site with all that information and this wouldn't have been a problem

create viral campaign site... get pissed when people figure out viral campaign site and look in code... ask mods to delete thread because people here are smarter than you thought and you get mad.

maybe you shouldn't have created a site with all that information and this wouldn't have been a problem

SHOTS FIRED FROM _____unproductive!!!!