PO: Wolf Alice - My Love Is Cool 2xLP (gold vinyl, /500)

I got a response.

"Hello Jordan,

Thank you for letting us know about this. We'd be glad to have this forwarded to our product marketing team to check as to why there seems to be more of the My Love Is Cool (Limited Edition Gold Vinyl) being offered in other retailers while it states on our website that the item is only available in our store. We'll also check to see if the ones we are offering are different from what's being offered in other stores/retailers.

We'll certainly let you know as soon as we get an update from them regarding this. We thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Chris

MyPlay Direct"

I got the vinylmeplease subscription newsletter last night and there was this link to preorder from Amazon. Looked briefly for a color and couldn't find much info on that pressing. The link looks like a cluster but it works.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WWUD5KS/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00WWUD5KS&linkCode=as2&tag=vimepl-20&linkId=X2ERHTIEUWVLN5LO

did anyone who got the US press listen to this yet? listening for the first time and my A side is completely garbage. seems like a pressing defect. listening to side b now and it sounds good. this release is turning into a nightmare.

My equipment isn't super high end so I always hesitate to comment on sound quality but I have listened to my US pressing. Outside of the songs on B being a bit heavier I don't notice much difference. Are you talking serious feedback, distortion, etc? If that's the case I definitely don't have that going on.

I knew I wasn't crazy when I first ordered the vinyl through Myplay direct. It said the vinyl would come with a signed art card then later it was taken down. Wolf Alice took to their twitter and said the following... "America, if you pre-ordered our vinyl or CD your signed cards will be with you very soon. Lots of love X"

I knew I wasn't crazy when I first ordered the vinyl through Myplay direct. It said the vinyl would come with a signed art card then later it was taken down. Wolf Alice took to their twitter and said the following... "America, if you pre-ordered our vinyl or CD your signed cards will be with you very soon. Lots of love X"

Oh cool.  I hadn't seen this.  Have they said anything with regard to the confusion regarding the number of pressings?

Oh cool.  I hadn't seen this.  Have they said anything with regard to the confusion regarding the number of pressings?

I don't think the band has addressed that issue but a page back a board member mentioned the difference between the two pressings is that the U.S version has Moaning lisa smile and the UK version does not.

I don't think the band has addressed that issue but a page back a board member mentioned the difference between the two pressings is that the U.S version has Moaning lisa smile and the UK version does not.

I figured they sent the signed art card along with the UK pressing since it didn't have the extra tracks.  As in a balance things out sort of deal.  

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Moglog said:

Did anyone else who ordered this just get a mysterious postcard in the mail? I'm going to GUESS we'll be getting a new album announcement soon. 

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/new-wolf-alice-album-2078907

Nothing official but NME have posted this. I'm not sure if the cards were sent out randomly to people on the mailing list, but the band have been re-tweeting pictures from some who did receive them.