**FREE RECORD/TEST PRESSING GIVEAWAY ** Pill Friends - Blessed Suffering

Hey all, I just put out my first vinyl release as a label, and vinylcollective has been a big part in helping me keep up with THE HOBBY so I thought I'd do a giveaway for a great bedroom pop/lofi record:

Pill Friends - Blessed Suffering (FFO: Teen Suicide/Alex G/Elvis Depressedly)

11050736_357866017746923_228232204283981

There are 2 chances to win for vinylcollective users:

Share and like this Facebook post from my Record Label page:

https://www.facebook.com/KornIsTheBestBandEver/photos/a.280974055436120.1073741830.237539453112914/367166790150179/?type=1

And/or write your favorite lyrics in a post in this thread.

Winners will receive a free copy of the black/coke bottle clear starburst /350

If you have purchased a copy, and you win, you'll receive a test pressing (!oooh!) /20

Purchase here: outofbreathrecords.storenvy.com

Listen here: outofbreathrecords.bandcamp.com

1 winner will be chosen from VC and 2 from Facebook

Good luck! Feel free to just buy a copy if you want it! Support your DIY/small labels!

Rolling around at the speed of sound // Got places to go gotta follow my rainbow // keep moving herver daba durr // Trust your feelings got to live and learn!

- and -

Knuckles the enchilada // I am but arctic jewels // I find all the things in the jewl world

I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my time's elapsed
Now, all I do is live with so much fate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:
You cannot kill what you did not create
I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away
But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise
I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past
You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice

Speaking of lyrics, I've been in continual wonder over the unique impact of the lyricism found on the new krill record. they've always had an oddly-insightful oddball approach but A Distant Fist Uncleanching has some of my favorite lyrics I've heard so for this year. I'll type up some choice favorites:

"You warm up a glass of milk | but forget it in the microwave | and a day passes | and another day" -Phantom

"I encountered on my walk home | a fly | who couldn't | and I must have spooked it in my approach | because the fly | jumped up | and landed on it's back" -fly

"I had a good day | but of course now I'm tired | in the distance | a villager has expired | he was mauled by a hungry tiger | and the tragedy is | the villager was well-liked" -tiger 

"When I was sixteen | I realized I had always had a brain problem | I wanted to drop dead right then and there | I wanted to live forever | and I can't believe I made it to twenty-three without a scratch on me | and the problem comes and goes | with the weather" -brain problem

"I saw a peach on a tree | dangle and plop down to me | i've been allergic since i was sixteen | but i wanted to set the pit free" -it ends

ANNNNNDDDD my over-all favorite lyrics on the album..

"now how he | licks the wound that's weak he got from you | from inside his cheek | his tongue pokes and peeks at you | like you wanted it too | and can you | see his teeth through the hole you turned his cheek into?" -squirrels 

Seriously though think about that last line from squirrels for a minute. The consonant flow is remarkable. The tongue flicks a steady ping on all those hard k, g and t sounds. So sharp and stingy and eccentric and whimsical i fucking love it 

Taking your own life with boredom,

I'm taking my own life with wine -

it helps you to rule out the sorrow,

it helps me to empty my mind

Making the most of a bad time

I'm smoking the brains from my head

Leaving the coal calling the kettle black and orange and red

This kettle is seeing red