Diiv - Is The Is Are, Coming Fall 2015

Nah, they do the dates backwards in Europe. So that just means 2/5/16. I wonder if it's the same as the deluxe but different color or same as standard with different color. Hmm

Or, do we do dates backwards?

Only three other countries in the world write the date (exclusively) in the same way as the USA; Belize, Zimbabwe and the Federated States of Micronesia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country

The map and the list below don't match.

Captured tracks just updated Facebook with a link to the latest single.

Anyone who has a Facebook account mind asking if they have any more details about the deluxe?

What a weird request. You're asking someone, to ask someone something when you could clearly skip some steps here

Anyone have any first impressions?

I gave it a dedicated listen this morning, and all-in-all I'm pretty happy with it, and very keen to see that mystery vinyl show up. I think the vocals are a little too clean and prominent at times – and outright weird on a few occasions – but that's just me favoring the hazy, washed out singing of their debut. I also kind of miss Oshin's breezy, feel-good, summer-at-the-beach theme. But at the same time, I respect the band for mixing things up and progressing instead of just dialing into one sound over and over again.

To that end, ITIA does a great job at being experimental without grasping too far. There's a ton of twists and turns on this thing, and it feels very wholesome. Sky's additions are welcomed, and there are no shortage of excellent grooves. There's even a handful of Oshin-appropriate tracks, perfect for blaring with the windows rolled down during a trip to the coast, once the weather warms up.

I'm pretty content with it. Anyone else try it out yet?