90s Canadian Alternative/CanRock on Vinyl Thread

I'd love to see I Mother Earth - Scenery & Fish and Dig. The artwork was awesome and the music was killer. Wouldn't mind Our Lady Peace - Naveed as well.

Don't know why they don't do Splendor Solis either.

I spoke to Jag and Christian from IME last year and they mentioned vinyl pressings of their catalogue were coming, but they needed to work out some rights issues first. Not sure how long that will take, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Hayden repress incoming even though I have a copy of the OG press.  They put Trees Lounge on it, thats what sold me.  I will have the OCTA box set once it goes up.  Also, the first Limblifter record is on discogs for $11US.  I bought one a while back and i think it was only $5 to ship it to me.  We Are Busy Bodies also threw in a 7" for free.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if it has been mentioned, or if it is even well known yet or not, but the Rheostatics are playing Massey Hall on Apr 29th.

They are also playing The Starlight in Waterloo on Apr 24th (i just bought tickets for that). I saw their final show at The Starlight a few years ago and it was great. 

http://www.rheostatics.ca/

They've had these in the "new" bin at Rotate This within the past couple years. Worth a check if you're in Toronto. That's where I got mine maybe 5 years ago, but I've definitely seen them since. Wish I had seen this earlier and I would've looked for you when I was there today.

I need the SFTRI split with the Spaeshits to round out my collection. It's a tough find.

Got an eBay alert that the Deadly Snakes/Spaceshits split is up right now if you're still looking.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-SPACESHITS-THE-DEADLY-SNAKES-split-7-1998-NEAR-MINT-Rare-/172153206366?hash=item281521765e:g:S9UAAOSw6wRW~c8e

Meanwhile my search for the Real Rock and Roll 7" continues.

Got an eBay alert that the Deadly Snakes/Spaceshits split is up right now if you're still looking.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-SPACESHITS-THE-DEADLY-SNAKES-split-7-1998-NEAR-MINT-Rare-/172153206366?hash=item281521765e:g:S9UAAOSw6wRW~c8e

Meanwhile my search for the Real Rock and Roll 7" continues.

Thanks! I got a hit for what is probably the same copy on Discogs. Just can't bring myself to spend more than Discogs highest price.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On June 22, 2016 at 11:04 PM, voltagedrop said:

The Inbreds are releasing their first three records on 180g vinyl (limited to 300 each): http://exclaim.ca/music/article/the_inbreds_launch_vinyl_reissue_series_reunite_for_toronto_show

Just bought a ticket to the release show in Toronto as well.

Ok, what exactly does this blurb mean?

inbreds.jpg

Soooo... the records themselves are $50 if you pick them up in person, but jump to $65 if you want "free" delivery to Canada and $75 for "free" delivery outside of Canada?

Maybe someone should explain to them what "free" means? Why not just say the thing costs $50 with $15 shipping to Canada and $25 elsewhere?

• 2 weeks later...

Such sad news about Tragically Hip but I'm looking forward to going to the final tour this summer. In case any of you are looking for good Vinyl/ exclusives from them (like i am) I found a great Canadian site that ships worldwide. (shop.musicvaultz.com/search.html?term=Tragically+Hip) Have had an amazing experience ordering from here. Check it out! 

• 4 months later...