DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

On 5/23/2016 at 7:29 PM, Satan said:

I have a video of knife party.

I don't mean this to sound dickish in any way, but I should have clarified that he had a press/photo pass so he got to take pics from the photo pit. I was mega jealous to say the least. Their gig here last year with DFA was crazy good, hope they come back and do a bunch of Gore material in a smaller venue. 

35 minutes ago, negavinyl said:

I don't mean this to sound dickish in any way, but I should have clarified that he had a press/photo pass so he got to take pics from the photo pit. I was mega jealous to say the least. Their gig here last year with DFA was crazy good, hope they come back and do a bunch of Gore material in a smaller venue. 

You didn't sound dickish at all dude, no worries. 

I missed that show last year, but yeah- I don't think they'll be playing the Newport anytime soon again.

22 hours ago, Satan said:

You didn't sound dickish at all dude, no worries. 

I missed that show last year, but yeah- I don't think they'll be playing the Newport anytime soon again.

Any idea why they did on Diamond Eyes? I thought it seemed small for them then. It seemed like they were playing smaller venues overall on that tour though. 

26 minutes ago, negavinyl said:

Any idea why they did on Diamond Eyes? I thought it seemed small for them then. It seemed like they were playing smaller venues overall on that tour though. 

I dunno. Still don't know why they didn't haven't support on that tour either. I'd say if they came back, it'd be at the LC. But would be rad as hell if they went waaaaaay back and played the Alrosa. I miss that place.

1 hour ago, Satan said:

I dunno. Still don't know why they didn't haven't support on that tour either. I'd say if they came back, it'd be at the LC. But would be rad as hell if they went waaaaaay back and played the Alrosa. I miss that place.

Lawd I don't. I saw many a show there back in the day but the last time I went there to see Vista Chino I got stranded. It was after an OSU game and no cabs would even come there to pick us up. I walked all the way home in Clintonville through those stabby industrial areas and "hotels" down near Morse. Woof. I'd take an LC gig this Fall. I'm hoping they tour hard on this one. 

SRC has this up for $18.99 now in their sale section. I haven't bought yet (never really warmed up to it, it's down there at the bottom of the list with SNW & Adrenaline for me), but I admit that price has me thinking hard about it. It's really surprising to me that they'd mark it down at all, and especially so early on. I would assume that means it's not selling well...

5 minutes ago, sabukweli said:

SRC has this up for $18.99 now in their sale section. I haven't bought yet (never really warmed up to it, it's down there at the bottom of the list with SNW & Adrenaline for me), but I admit that price has me thinking hard about it. It's really surprising to me that they'd mark it down at all, and especially so early on. I would assume that means it's not selling well...

I don't think you can rely on SRC's stock movement to determine how an album is doing. There are literally dozens of better places to pick up this album.  They probably just overordered and are just looking to shift some copies faster.

33 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I don't think you can rely on SRC's stock movement to determine how an album is doing. There are literally dozens of better places to pick up this album.  They probably just overordered and are just looking to shift some copies faster.

Yeah, you're probably right, and I didn't necessarily mean selling poorly overall, just at SRC. Even with an over-order, I'm still surprised. Seems like most stuff that ends up in their sale section is >6 months old at least. Oh well, either way hopefully some lagging VCers can get a deal now.

13 hours ago, sabukweli said:

Give it another listen, GORE is soooo much better than SNW

26 minutes ago, Satan said:

With all of this hating on SNW, who wants to sell me their copy? I think that album is fucking brilliant and waaaay better than GORE.

So glad someone had the balls to finally say this. SNW is one of my favorite Deftones albums, and is so much better than Gore.

Had a bit of a love/hate thing with Gore, and I'm still not sure about it. There are some great songs on there, but also some that just don't grab me. Pittura Infamante in particular, that intro is god awful...

The only song I sorta hate on Gore is Phantom Bride.  Initially I got wrapped up in the hype of that one but grew to really dislike it.  Everything else I either love or can at least easily listen to.

I like most songs on Gore significantly more than almost anything from SNW.  Oddly enough the song I think I like the most from SNW (sans the literally shitty ending) is Pink Cellphone.