DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

Definitly recommending Saturday night wrist and the self titled albums. My favorites by far. Palms is very good as mentioned above. Also would recommend team sleep.

Also highly recommend Crosses. Chino does no wrong.

Everyone on the sharinglungs board (deftones fan forum) think that the album won't be released until late October til possibly December

I dont see why this would be the case. The entire album is recorded with the exception of vocals. Supposedly they've been mixing too as they go. Obviously he wouldnt just make up a date. Im sure the date is realistic of finishing and something they've discussed with WB.

I dont see why this would be the case. The entire album is recorded with the exception of vocals. Supposedly they've been mixing too as they go. Obviously he wouldnt just make up a date. Im sure the date is realistic of finishing and something they've discussed with WB.

I read it as a "we're shooting for this date" sort of thing.  Big labels are weird and shuffle dates around for goofy reasons, much like the film industry.  I do hope it's the September date by all means, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I see an official announcement and hopefully a preorder.

I know almost nothing about the band but I bought White Pony on a whim and fucking love it. Then I bought Diamond Eyes which I thought was the universally loved one, but it seemed kind of nu-metal for my taste. Still enjoyed it, but is White Pony the furthest they went in that style/direction? It's like, shoegazey metal. Bad description, but it's just really great music.

If you like the raw side of it, adrenaline is amazing.

But he also said it was a little too nü for him, and Adrenaline is 10x's nüwer than Pony. In my opinion, anyway.

I also wholeheartedly agree with everyone who's suggested their latest, Koi No Yokan, along with all of Chino's side projects. Crosses, Palms, and Team Sleep – they all fall into a nice shoegazey rock sound that I think you'd really dig.

In celebration of our past and future catalog, we are releasing a limited edition commemorative poster series on every date an album was released.

These posters will only be for sale for 24 hours. Mark your calendars! These will not be recreated.

Diamond Eyes. 5/4/15.

meh....

How about finishing the Live Series?

Adrenaline and Around the Fur are definitley numetal, especially Adrenaline but they're both done so well I think they separated themselves from the other numetal bands around at that time.

Bingo. Not to argue with anyone in this thread, but I've never met a single Deftones fan who didn't insist that their first 2 albums incorporate nü-metal vibes. (Adrenaline much more, in my opinion.) But it's nowhere near as cheesy as something like Korn or Disturbed, and that makes me happy.

DEFTONES_Poster_Banner_2015.jpg?itok=XCo

In celebration of our past and future catalog, we are releasing a limited edition commemorative poster series on every date an album was released.

These posters will only be for sale for 24 hours. Mark your calendars! These will not be recreated.

Diamond Eyes. 5/4/15.

I can dig it.

All I'm saying was the definition of numetal was pretty much 7 string guitars accompanied with some rappy lyrics.

Deftones Adrenaline and Korn - Korn are literally the definition of numetal

Not to be "that guy" but Steph didn't use 7-strings until S/t and that was released in 2003.

Still, you could call most of the first three albums "Nu-Metal" to a certain degree but it was done in a unique and beautiful way that separated them from the pack.

Not to be "that guy" but Steph didn't use 7-strings until S/t and that was released in 2003.

Still, you could call most of the first three albums "Nu-Metal" to a certain degree but it was done in a unique and beautiful way that separated them from the pack.

I was literally going to say this. I remember hexagram being the first song that had that 7 string sound to it. White pony was mostly played in drop C on 6 strings I believe.