demetrios

'Singles Soundtrack' re-issue released this August on Sony Legacy Recordings.

197 posts in this topic

https://www.facebook.com/trulysound?fref=nf

@kramer73 .. http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/244421/singles-soundtrack-re-issue-coming-soon-august-2015

From the band Truly (Members: Robert Roth, Hiro Yamamoto, Mark Pickerel, Ty Bailie, Robert Mitchell, Eamon Nordquist, Chris Quinn) on Facebook:

We just found out that "Heart and Lungs" from our 1991 Sub Pop E.P./debut will be included in the new 'Singles Soundtrack' re-issue released this August on Sony Legacy Recordings. The song was in the film and originally on the first issue of the album, but was bumped right before pressing due to pressure from various managers to ad more songs from the other major label artist. We had heard it was Cameron Crowe's favorite track in the film so were very glad to see it finally included. Yes!

I have no interest in playing the license game really, but RFC tried pretty hard to release this years ago. They told me it was happening for so long and didn't, I am glad to see it finally is. Definitely in the top 10 soundtracks ever.

I think THE best ever. I used to sleep on the beach listening to this from front to back. So much variety, and great songs.

Been lurking a bit but this...this!  I have to say Hi and say how excited I am this is getting re-issued. Of course I just bit the bullet and won a bid for one on ebay.  From Brazil.  That banging you hear is my head on my desk.  No worries.

Read that the demo of westerberg's dyslexic heart will be on this expanded edition. I'm hoping it's just Paul and his guitar. The details must be getting close on this.

Anyone got the good word? (Also wouldn't mind an update on the high fidelity soundtrack!?)