'Singles Soundtrack' re-issue released this August on Sony Legacy Recordings.

Love it and good for B0lly. I have to admit, if I was rich and questionably still famous, there is a great chance I would be a spiteful prick about some things like this (in this case being reissued by the same label that screwed me before). If this was coming out on a legit reissue label like MOV then it may be different.

Also for anyone wondering, the original Brazil only release sounds like shit so unless you are a completist, save your money. I pulled the trigger on a copy a few years back and have played it once it was that bad.

he is referring to the demo version as a bonus track, and good for him. Also funny you list MOV, cause just a year or so ago Mars Volta through a shit fit and put a cease and desist on them reissuing Deloused. It came out, but has since been deleted from the catalog (and funny enough is supposed to be the best sounding version of this album)

Billy released the demo of Drown for free a couple of years ago. Or at least one of the demos of it. I'm guessing Sony wanted to use it as a CD bonus track. By all accounts the regular version should still be on this. If this is held up, it's not because of Billy Corgan.

I'm betting this may be out for BF:RSD seeing as they put out out the Citizen Dick 7" for RSD.

I think it's odd that he called it a demo though.  Still, it bums me out that he's sticking it to them, only because this is in my top 5 soundtracks and I want it.

Hey it IS my favorite soundtrack of all time and easily in my top 10 or 20 albums of all time.  Obviously nostalgia plays a big part as this introduced me to the Pumpkins (who would become my favorite band for a good 10+ years until Billy decided to destroy its legacy), Paul Westerburg, The Screaming Trees, Alice in Chains and contains 2 of my favorite PJ songs of all time.  This is why I ponied up for the Brazil version.  Unfortunately (like many Brazilian presses) the vinyl is thin, and as a soundtrack, it has way to many songs per side which destroys the fidelity. And just not a good pressing overall.  I would love to get an upgrade of this.

The only other 90s comp that rivals this (and there are a lot of great 90s comps out there) is the No Alternative comp, which is also in my Top 10\20 albums of all time.  Buffalo Tom (supremely underrated), SP, Nirvana, Beastie Boys, The Breeders, Matthew Sweet, Soul Asylum, Bob Mould, etc., etc.  These two albums make a damn near perfect time capsule of the Alternative scene.

• 6 months later...

Weird listing. Tracklist looks like a bonus disc. I'm guessing Acoustic Sounds has this listed wrong. 

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/115296/Various_Artists-Singles-Vinyl_Record

either way, this is the tracklisting for the bonus material for the deluxe edition. Nothing too interesting. 

I'd wager timsimmons is correct that AS only have the tracklisting for the bonus disc up...hopefully it's not a 2LP of the original soundtrack on one LP and those other tracks a bonus LP because the existing Singles OST as a single LP runs:

SIDE A - 33:02
SIDE B - 31:47

Awful, especially when the original CD sounds so good - notice "Would?" has a better mastering on the OST than it does on Alice in Chains' "Dirt"? Nice.

From Bullmoose (I'm pretty bummed that this is all going to be on just 2 LPs)

• This release features unheard demos from Pearl Jam and Mudhoney and rarities from Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell’s 1992 EP, Poncier (including an early version of Soundgarden’s hit “Spoonman”), and 11 total previously unreleased tracks
  •  It also includes a never-before-released cues from the film’s score by Cornell and Paul Westerberg of The Replacements
  • This deluxe edition of Singles features the premiere release of “Touch Me I’m Dick,” performed in the film by Citizen Dick (Matt Dillon with Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament and Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam)
  • We don't know what's on disc 1 yet. Presumably it will be the same as the original album.

Disc 2

1. Touch Me I'm Dick – Citizen Dick

2. Nowhere But You – Poncier (Chris Cornell)

3. Spoon Man – Poncier (Chris Cornell)

4. Flutter Girl – Poncier (Chris Cornell)

5. Missing – Poncier (Chris Cornell)

6. It Ain't Like That Anymore (live film version) – Alice In Chains *

7. Would? (live film version) – Alice In Chains *

8. Birth Ritual (live film version) – Soundgarden *

9. Dyslexic Heart (acoustic demo) – Paul Westerberg *

10. Waiting For Somebody (score acoustic) – Paul Westerberg *

11. Overblown (demo)–Mudhoney*

12. Heart and Lungs – Truly

13. Six Foot Under – Blood Circus

14. Singles Blues #1 – Mike McCready *

15. Ferry Boat #3 – Chris Cornell *

16. Unreleased Score Piece #4 – Chris Cornell *

17. Lost In Emily’s Words – Paul Westerberg *

18. Blue Heart – Paul Westerberg *

Billy denied them using a Drown demo. Not the original.  Drown should be on there.

The singer says he did get a bit of revenge years later when the label approached him for the 20-year reissue of the soundtrack. “They asked for their demo, and I told them to f–k off. Slight revenge. I took money out of my own pocket, but that’s the way it goes.”

To be fair, that would be a highlight of the second disc. Live AIC and an unreleased Cornell solo EP is nice, but all the bonus stuff is a bit underwhelming. Especially since Touch Me I'm Dick is readily available as a 7". But yeah, it was a worthless power play that ultimately only lets fans down.

3 hours ago, fish said:

(I'm pretty bummed that this is all going to be on just 2 LPs)

Same here man, can't imagine in 2016 they'd try and release a record that hits 33m/side, would be interested to hear someone compare Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns to the MOV release of "Mother Love Bone" to see just how much quieter and noisier the Singles version will be, the MOV SIDE D runs @ 19 minutes.