'Singles Soundtrack' re-issue released this August on Sony Legacy Recordings.

35 minutes ago, Monastic_mike said:

Pix of the record?  Its been delivered so it will be 7 hours before I get home to get it. I can though.

Thx

Man I can't wait for this damn record that long! Lol

I think I'll go down to the record shop and just pick up the black vinyl version, lol or maybe just the CD Deluxe

I wanna hear that record spinning to "Seasons"

Rip Chris

34 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Thx

Man I can't wait for this damn record that long! Lol

I think I'll go down to the record shop and just pick up the black vinyl version, lol or maybe just the CD Deluxe

I wanna hear that record spinning to "Seasons"

Rip Chris

Same. I don't recall what color the vinyl is (nor do I care), but it will be nice to hear this again. Takes me back to easier times...

Picked up the Newbury Comics copy today. They wanted $37!!!, but they have 25% off all vinyl in store this weekend.

Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but hoping I can clean it and spin it tomorrow.  

It's a nice gatefold, paper sleeves, bonus CD, and download code. The vinyl is a cool white/blue marble. I'll try to get a pic or 2 tomorrow.

There's a couple opened pics of one on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252947797170

9 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Picked up the Newbury Comics copy today. They wanted $37!!!, but they have 25% off all vinyl in store this weekend.

Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but hoping I can clean it and spin it tomorrow.  

It's a nice gatefold, paper sleeves, bonus CD, and download code. The vinyl is a cool white/blue marble. I'll try to get a pic or 2 tomorrow.

There's a couple opened pics of one on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252947797170

I snagged a copy of this with the sale today as well along with ultramega OK loser edition. Paid about $48 for the two

21 minutes ago, pizza face said:

I snagged a copy of this with the sale today as well along with ultramega OK loser edition. Paid about $48 for the two

Norwood has an original Superunknown, S/T Audioslave and Out of Exile for sale in the back area. They got them a couple weeks ago, but I bet they will sell now (saw them again yesterday).

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

Norwood has an original Superunknown, S/T Audioslave and Out of Exile for sale in the back area. They got them a couple weeks ago, but I bet they will sell now (saw them again yesterday).

I really have to check out that location. I just hate shopping in Taxachusetts, I mainly buy from NH. Thanks for the heads up though 

27 minutes ago, pizza face said:

I really have to check out that location. I just hate shopping in Taxachusetts, I mainly buy from NH. Thanks for the heads up though 

They easily have 10x the selection of any other NC I've ever been to. Lots and lots of used quality vinyl too. Plus it's all 25% off this weekend so who cares about the tax!

I've pulled some real gems from there.

Original  RATM -S/T

Original  Gorillaz - Demon Days

Original  AIC - Jar of Flies

Original AIC - Unplugged

Original Jane's Addiction - Ritual 

Pink Floyd - Piper at the Gates of Dawn JPN press etc etc....

Edited by vinyl addict

9 minutes ago, coolio said:

Not sure how people here feel about pitchfork, but they just gave this 'best new reissue' http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/23306-singles-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-deluxe-edition/?mbid=social_facebook

Every reissue they review they give best new reissue

Spinning my copy as we speak...

Newbury Comics had 25% off in store last weekend.

This album sounds very good, a few crackles here and there but nothing distracting. Also a bit of noise on the lead in groove on side 2. (Yes, I washed it)

Other than that, this sounds superb.  A couple examples: The drums on the Hendrix track sound like they are in the room and the Lovemongers' Zeppelin cover sounds eerily good.

I haven't had a chance to spin the bonus CD yet.

I grabbed a black copy as well. (seems more fitting with Chris's death) :(

IMG_20170523_113039_zpsq76rcxla.jpg

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

Spinning my copy as we speak...

Newbury Comics had 25% off in store last weekend.

This album sounds very good, a few crackles here and there but nothing distracting. Also a bit of noise on the lead in groove on side 2. (Yes, I washed it)

Other than that, this sounds superb.  A couple examples: The drums on the Hendrix track sound like they are in the room and the Lovemongers' Zeppelin cover sounds eerily good.

I haven't had a chance to spin the bonus CD yet.

I grabbed a black copy as well. (seems more fitting with Chris's death) :(

IMG_20170523_113039_zpsq76rcxla.jpg

Nice!

I'm sitting here getting the shakes waiting for my turn! Lol

Edited by VinylMario
edit

One good thing about the inner labels on the records, we can see that Dirt was recorded to 24-track 30ips analogue tape. Hopefully some day Alice In Chains' masterpiece (IMO) will get the proper 2LP AAA treatment it deserves, c'mon Analog Spark! :)

Edited by dobyblue

29 minutes ago, dobyblue said:

One good thing about the inner labels on the records, we can see that Dirt was recorded to 24-track 30ips analogue tape. Hopefully some day Alice In Chains' masterpiece (IMO) will get the proper 2LP AAA treatment it deserves, c'mon Analog Spark! :)

It definitely would be great. I have all the originals. Most of them sound great (Unplugged, Facelift, S/T, Jar of Flies/Sap).

But, Dirt sounds way too bright. The MoV is a marked improvement over the original, but I'd love to see Analog Sparks give it a shot.

9 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

It definitely would be great. I have all the originals. Most of them sound great (Unplugged, Facelift, S/T, Jar of Flies/Sap).

But, Dirt sounds way too bright. The MoV is a marked improvement over the original, but I'd love to see Analog Sparks give it a shot.

Passing the word on to Analog Spark. 

;)