Metric - Pagans In Vegas

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed pre-orders are up on their official website.

"The Shade" EP on Cassette (there's 4 different colors randomly selected, autographed by the band)

"Pagans in Vegas" on Limited Edition Clear Vinyl

I was about to be mad about $15 for a cassette, but it's the cassette EP and a download of the full album as well. That's not a bad deal.

Really want to pre-order the record. Hoping there are still some copies left on Monday (there had to be, right?)

I hope so. I imagine it's probably "limited" to a few thousand. I think my wife's Synthetica was out of a large number like that. Plus only crazy-fucks like vinyl collectors preorder immediately. Everyone else is all "i'll probably buy it a couple years after my burned CD from the torrent gets all scratched up" or "what is a vinylz?"

Ordered one of the cassettes and figured I'd order the LP as well since shipping in Canada for both is marginally more expensive.

Dunno. I guess it depends on how limited it is. If it's only a couple thousand, I imagine what doesn't sell via preorder will go on tour and some other color (black?) will be in stores.

Dunno. I guess it depends on how limited it is. If it's only a couple thousand, I imagine what doesn't sell via preorder will go on tour and some other color (black?) will be in stores.

I'm betting the coloured vinyl will trickle out to stores. I just bought Synthetica a couple weeks ago from the website and it was number 1032. Figured I'd just grab the variant while available since Metric stuff pretty much sells out locally.