i totally had a 90's flashback today

the guys at redscroll records in wallingford CT bought out a pretty big collection of metal/rock lps from some dude with a ridiculous collection (if you need any iron maiden records... there was 100 different ones) well i picked up the following

pearl jam - ten

pearl jam - vs

pearl jam - vitalogy

guns n roses - appetite for destruction

guns n roses - lies

faith no more- king for a day

stone temple pilots - purple

i need to go find a flannel shirt now.

There was a rad record store in New Orleans called Magic Bus. He survied the storm but his customers didn't. After it was all over he just stayed in Austin because everyone in NO lost their collections. That is the nutstiest thing I've ever heard.

i hit up magic bus once or twice before the storm, it was quality. there is shit for stores now. theres one place that has a bunch of overpriced old stuff but tahts really it

Magic Bus was awesome. I'd go in there, take a load of stuff to the counter, and he'd give me a deal just because he liked my taste. Then, when I called him up at his place in Austin, he totally remembered me from the 2 or 3 times I came to his place. He even said he remember that I turned him on to a little record store in Alabama, so I know he wasn't BSing me. Solid guy. If you ever want to mailorder jazz records look him up online.

What was the place about half way down magazine St. Called? It was just east of the Garden District. They had a pretty good selection of new metal/stoner stuff, but the prices were unbelievable.

Man, I miss New Orleans so much it hurts.

Magic Bus was awesome. I'd go in there, take a load of stuff to the counter, and he'd give me a deal just because he liked my taste. Then, when I called him up at his place in Austin, he totally remembered me from the 2 or 3 times I came to his place. He even said he remember that I turned him on to a little record store in Alabama, so I know he wasn't BSing me. Solid guy. If you ever want to mailorder jazz records look him up online.

What was the place about half way down magazine St. Called? It was just east of the Garden District. They had a pretty good selection of new metal/stoner stuff, but the prices were unbelievable.

Man, I miss New Orleans so much it hurts.

there is jim jones records (old stuff) which is right at the end of the "ghetto" part of magazine. in january i went record store searching and there were a few listed on the web that since closed. there was also one next to Slim Goodies/New Orleans music exchange on magazine which has closed and another near the new york bagel place and popeyes, right before louisiana and magazine.

did you live in NOLA at all? i love the place to death, im getting an apartment at the end of the this month and im gonna live there full time until i finish school.