PO (Soon): Streets of Rage and Shenmue OSTs

http://segabits.com/blog/2015/05/21/streets-of-rage-and-shenmue-soundtrack-are-getting-a-vinyl-release/

I got to say I love records, I have quite the collection and I’m so excited that SEGA has teamed up with a new record label called ‘Data Discs’ to release both the Streets of Rage and Shenmue soundtracks.

Data Discs is calling itself the first record label dedicated to releasing video game soundtracks and its fitting that its first two releases would be two of the most iconic soundtracks of their time. The Streets of Ragesoundtrack will be fully remastered with the help of Yuzo Koshiro . Both releases will be pressed on 180 gram vinyl and include a lithographic print with each title.

If you want to pre-order yourself a copy (like I do), you’ll have to wait until May 30th when Data Discs opens its website. The records won’t ship until September and there will be extras for early pre-orders.

Um, so according to Data-Discs Facebook page the Shenmue OST is only going to be a 1LP????! The Shenmue OST has too many good tracks to only be pressed on a 1LP - I would have hoped for at least a 2LP and wished initially for a deluxe 4LP.

I'm sorry £19.99 for a single LP is too much, especially since there will probably be a high shipping price to the USA too! 

Shenmue Variants:

-180g translucent blue vinyl with ‘colour in colour’ effect (exclusive to the Data Discs website)

-180g translucent blue vinyl

-180g black virgin vinyl

Streets of  Rage info:

• 180g translucent red vinyl with black splatter (exclusive to the Data Discs website)

• 180g translucent red vinyl

• 180g black virgin vinyl

All copies include a traditional OBI strip and 2 x lithographic prints featuring artwork from the Japanese and US/EU editions of the game. Initial orders will also include 5 x playing cards featuring original character art, packaged in a hand-stamped envelope (while stocks last).

Totally missed the chance to do a Phoenix Mirror variant for Shenmue...

I believe the last part (paragraph) is only to do with Streets of Rage.