like, some of these are priced fairly. The signed ones should obviously be on eBay and maybe they'll each get a fair chunk but $150 for a regular copy of a record?. I think you know what you can do with $200 for a fucking Paramore box set that cost $35 when it released. I happen to know that someone on this sub wants that and I'd sell them my personal copy for a steal.

People will pay alot of money for these and other hard to find records and just because they are only $20-30 less than e-bay prices doesn't mean that's not a deal for someone who wants a record bad enough trust me I know I don't do it as much anymore but if I wanted a record bad enough I'd spend way more than I should. I kinda have the patience to wait for better deals but most people don't and when they see a record that hardly shows up for slightly cheaper why not go for it if someone has the money? I certainaly don't and I'm sure alot of people don't but some people don't wanna wait years or months for someone to be selling any of the records that are on their want list to show up at half the price it's valued at. I'm just saying we shouldn't judge what someone wants to charge for their sale especially when it seems like a shitload has sold at prices everyone said no one would pay. It's just a waste of time people are gonna blow money no matter what that's a fact.

People will pay alot of money for these and other hard to find records and just because they are only $20-30 less than e-bay prices doesn't mean that's not a deal for someone who wants a record bad enough trust me I know I don't do it as much anymore but if I wanted a record bad enough I'd spend way more than I should. I kinda have the patience to wait for better deals but most people don't and when they see a record that hardly shows up for slightly cheaper why not go for it if someone has the money? I certainaly don't and I'm sure alot of people don't but some people don't wanna wait years or months for someone to be selling any of the records that are on their want list to show up at half the price it's valued at. I'm just saying we shouldn't judge what someone wants to charge for their sale especially when it seems like a shitload has sold at prices everyone said no one would pay. It's just a waste of time people are gonna blow money no matter what that's a fact.

This is true to a certain extent. People here tend to expect (and often give each other) really solid prices. This isn't the best place to sell as a seller $$$ wise. If you want top dollar. go somewhere else. Selling on here (at least to me and apparently a lot of people I've done business with) is about hooking somebody up with a fair price on something that they've been after for a long time. I can do this partially because I don't have to deal with eBay fees and bullshit, partially because I know that I will eventually get the same thing for me in return, and partially because I'm just a nice (and narcissistic based on that <---) guy. It is what it is. While I wouldn't sell/buy these at that price, capitalism will work this out one way or another.

Exactly man even if a seller was selling an awesome and super hard to find record like Underoath - Define The Great Line even if its sealed on here for even $50 less than its crazy but consistent ebay prices that are close to $200 would have most people telling him he will never sell it at that price and have people offering $50 and shit. But like I said ocassionally you have those collectors that just have to have it so they'll pay that much which is fine thats their business but like you said you help people out on here and usually the favor gets returned and other members help you out with a deal I've met alot of awesome people on here and have had some amazing trades definetly a good place as long as you treat everyone with respect. So you're always gonna have people charging what seems like high prices for this site maybe they really need the money or maybe they are just l looking for ebay prices but like you said dude if someone really wants to make money take your records to Ebay in the first place. I stopped selling on Ebay a long time ago its definetly more money but the fees were becoming outrageous.

• 11 months later...