20+ yr old D4 fluid - worried

So recently, I stumbled on a 70s era Discwasher, with some D4 fluid from before the RCA rebranding.

Some collectors I respected told me that the fluid is still safe to use on records. I saw no immediate problem upon using the fluid, but now there are a bunch of people telling me that it wasn't safe, and that surpassing the shelf life of 2 or 3 years is possibly damaging to your records.

Now I'm worried that I've done some sort of damage that I just don't notice yet.

Any help?

So recently, I stumbled on a 70s era Discwasher, with some D4 fluid from before the RCA rebranding.

Some collectors I respected told me that the fluid is still safe to use on records. I saw no immediate problem upon using the fluid, but now there are a bunch of people telling me that it wasn't safe, and that surpassing the shelf life of 2 or 3 years is possibly damaging to your records.

Now I'm worried that I've done some sort of damage that I just don't notice yet.

Any help?

Toss it.  Record cleaning solution is like $15 so why worry about it?  Something in that bottle has almost certainly evaporated or broken down in the last 20 years.

Any help?

Why in the world would you use something so old? Is 15$ that expensive to you? If you went into the cupboard and saw something from the 70's would you eat it to save a buck?

Why in the world would you use something so old? Is 15$ that expensive to you? If you went into the cupboard and saw something from the 70's would you eat it to save a buck?

Not to ruin your analogy but a bottle of distilled water and a little isopropyl has a much better shot of being the exact same stuff you put in the bottle 40 years ago than any food product does.