The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I'm kinda pissed because any side quests or jobs I've found require at least a lvl 7 or higher and I'm slowly crawling up from 5. Just keep hitting up all the question marks on the map but more often then not they're occupied by lvl 10 bastards who rip me to shreds.

...Can't stop playing this.

Better or worse than Skyrim in your opinion?

Better or worse than Skyrim in your opinion?

Better, the side quests are more engaging, you don't feel like you should be focusing on the main story. Plus the lore and atmosphere is more grim and believable(?). Like, you genuinely feel that the people you encounter and in dire conditions. This word sucks for the humans in it, similar to Game of Thrones.

hesitant to pick this up because I couldn't stand Witcher 2. The super sensitive camera movement made it unplayable for me. Probably fixable but I shouldn't have to change a bunch of settings out the gate.

I didn't play either 1 or 2 but from what I've read this new game a lot better than the previous titles. The controls aren't amazing but you get used to them/the camera pretty quickly.

I've heard too many mixed things on this to make the $60 gamble. i'm worried that after Dark Souls, most action RPG's will be underwhelming.

I've heard the opposite, nothing but rave reviews which prompted me to buy it on a whim. Extremely happy I did, I was beginning to regret buying a current gen console.

Better, the side quests are more engaging, you don't feel like you should be focusing on the main story. Plus the lore and atmosphere is more grim and believable(?). Like, you genuinely feel that the people you encounter and in dire conditions. This word sucks for the humans in it, similar to Game of Thrones.

I didn't play either 1 or 2 but from what I've read this new game a lot better than the previous titles. The controls aren't amazing but you get used to them/the camera pretty quickly.

I was playing 2(? I don't think 1 was released on console in the US, so I figured, whatevs.)

Anywho. I...didn't love it. There was entirely too much for me to do, I wanted to talk to every NPC and it's just not feasible to do that. What probably takes most people about 10 minutes to do took me like an hour because I was chatting with everyone.

That said, I couldn't really get into Dragonage either. Take that as you will.

I was playing 2(? I don't think 1 was released on console in the US, so I figured, whatevs.)

Anywho. I...didn't love it. There was entirely too much for me to do, I wanted to talk to every NPC and it's just not feasible to do that. What probably takes most people about 10 minutes to do took me like an hour because I was chatting with everyone.

That said, I couldn't really get into Dragonage either. Take that as you will.

I used to do this with FF/Pokemon games because I wanted every bit out of the story, but ever since last generation I've stopped doing that all together and just walk right passed NPCs who aren't involved with my active quest lol. I never read books or notes anymore either, Mass Effect was rotten with filler text just like Skyrim and Elder Scrolls. You could do that with this game, although I haven't come across anything that's more than a paragraph long and most of the NPCs will just spout out some one liner and it won't enter any type of dialogue sequence.

All I'm sayin' is don't knock this game until you've tried it, it's worth a Gamefly rental at the very least.

I used to do this with FF/Pokemon games because I wanted every bit out of the story, but ever since last generation I've stopped doing that all together and just walk right passed NPCs who aren't involved with my active quest lol. I never read books or notes anymore either, Mass Effect was rotten with filler text just like Skyrim and Elder Scrolls. You could do that with this game, although I haven't come across anything that's more than a paragraph long and most of the NPCs will just spout out some one liner and it won't enter any type of dialogue sequence.

All I'm sayin' is don't knock this game until you've tried it, it's worth a Gamefly rental at the very least.

Ahhhhh, see, I weirdly enjoyed it in the Mass Effect trilogy. For whatever reason Witcher 2 didn't grab me. I'll probably give 3 a try when I get a chance, but that'll be after the new Batman. I still haven't finished Bloodborne because I'm a filthy casuul.

Hated 1 and 2. Played about an hour of this before destiny expansion consumed me and then I went on vacation. Very stoked to find the time to play more of this. Feels way better than skyrim and anything else it's being compared to, including 1 and 2.

Better than Skyrim? That's a bold statement. Let's see if I pour 150+ hours into it like I did with Skyrim.

Not trying to spoil anything, but just when through a very dark quest that involved a miscarriage and at one point I was chasing a mutant ghost baby through the woods. GOTY for me haha.

My friend told me about that. Super dark.

Better than Skyrim? That's a bold statement. Let's see if I pour 150+ hours into it like I did with Skyrim.

My friend told me about that. Super dark.

I mean I guess it depends what you liked about skyrim. After years of playing mmorpgs online none of the rpg aspects of skyrim amazed me. Wow you can level all kinds of skills through repetitive actions and unlock cool crafting! Been doing that since 4th grade online.

Witcher absolutely has skyrim beat in the combat department, where skyrim is just your forearms flailing randomly into the polygonal space your enemy should be and then you win.

I thought skyrim suckedddd :\

I mean I guess it depends what you liked about skyrim. After years of playing mmorpgs online none of the rpg aspects of skyrim amazed me. Wow you can level all kinds of skills through repetitive actions and unlock cool crafting! Been doing that since 4th grade online.

Witcher absolutely has skyrim beat in the combat department, where skyrim is just your forearms flailing randomly into the polygonal space your enemy should be and then you win.

I thought skyrim suckedddd :\

Nailed it, skyrim blows unless you are playing with mods and even then it got old for me pretty quick.

I wasn't that into the Witcher 3 that much at first but as I kept playing I got more and more hooked. The world is enormous but not dead, you actually want to explore. I didn't reach the first real city until like 20 hours in because I was doing so many sidequests. The dialogue and morality choices are great and actually feel like they matter.

It gets a little CSI:Miami at times with Geralt constantly talking to himself while looking for clues and trying to solve crimes, but that would be my only complaint