PO: Ghost - Meliora

7 minutes ago, roadmonkey said:

anyone have any info on this?

https://www.amazon.com/Meliora-2-LP-Deluxe-Ghost/dp/B01M0GOOYH/

is this a double picture disc?

Pretty sure thats just the "regular" deluxe, 2LP in a slipcase. Thats what I just saw down at my local shop where I got the 12" Popestar for $12. 

On 9/16/2016 at 1:23 PM, clerk3745 said:

Pretty sure thats just the "regular" deluxe, 2LP in a slipcase. Thats what I just saw down at my local shop where I got the 12" Popestar for $12. 

So it's just Meliora and Popestar standard LP's in a slipcase?

Edited by jmpatrick
spelling

13 hours ago, anomynous said:

They sent you a code you had to redeem on a site, which emailed you a link when it was released last night

Hmmm, I'm seeing them twice on the popestar tour and didn't get anything like this for either date. Oh well, I'm gonna pick up the cd today for the collection anyway.

From Reaktor Recording

"We are getting a lot of questions on the amount of Popestar records being pressed - so let's clarify it all...

"Popestar" - black vinyl, 45 rpm, 3000 copies.
"Meliora Redux" - 2xCD (includes Meliora and Popestar), Scandinavian exclusive, 5000 copies worldwide (one run only)
"Square Hammer" - Square Shaped 7" vinyl, B-side: "He Is", 1000 copies (one run only), 500 sold in Sweden (SOLD OUT), 500 will be sold on tour (TBC). 

All (except 7") is avail at Bengans.se or Hotstuff.se or CDON.EU

Oh and yes - Reaktor mesh cap/hat - aprox 10 copies. Might have another run in the future - if interested - comment below

This is for the Scandinavian versions released by Reaktor Recordings/Universal Sweden!

Thank you all for showing so much interest in Popestar!"

This is just the info on for Europe though, hopefully those Shaped 7" are on the tour for Popestar.

Saw them last night and since it was a festival they couldn't set up a merch booth - they just got to throw a few shirts in with the festival merch tent.  Alas, there was no 7".  I also did some digging on pics of their merch booth on instagram and it looks like they haven't had any vinyl on sale for this tour thus far.  

Kinda stunk only seeing them play 7 songs and pay $40 to park, but I can't say no to Ghost.  There was definitely a little bit lacking in their stage swag with Omega gone and the new female ghoul trying to settle in.

They actually did a signing after they performed for FYE.  I planned everything out and got in line with haste only to find out you had to have previously purchased something from the FYE tent in order to get a wristband to participate.  Unfortunately they were tapped out of everything except for Meliora on cd, so I decided to pass at that point since the line was way too long.

54 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

....What? This is the first I'm hearing about this.

edit: did some googling... interesting.

Yup, the band hasn't made any statement and there have been lineup changes in the past, however it's a lot more noticeable when it's a woman wearing a ghoul outfit.  Apparently their bassist is now filling Omega's shoes and 'ghuleh' is rumored to be the bassist from Bolt Thrower.

I'd rather they not make any statement honestly. I get the schtick and the fact they're nameless ghouls is one of the best parts. I don't want to know what he does from here and I honestly don't care who she was before. But thats just me, anybody else wants to dig into who they are, have at it.

1 hour ago, clerk3745 said:

I'd rather they not make any statement honestly. I get the schtick and the fact they're nameless ghouls is one of the best parts. I don't want to know what he does from here and I honestly don't care who she was before. But thats just me, anybody else wants to dig into who they are, have at it.

100% agree. I also enjoy the shtick, and have bought in 100%. I would be interested to know who writes the songs and if different "ghouls" have written different songs. This is solely to give credit where it is due, as, for example it really sounds like they had some new ghouls, or old ghouls picked up their game on Meluora. Some of the playing is awesome on that album.