PO: Ghost - Meliora

• 6 months later...

2 hours ago, roadieHans said:

Hey everyone, does anyone of you have an idea about the current value of the exclusive and limited set Ghost paallos hortus ritual box set with t-shirt? I've read somewhere that the shirt couldn't be sold anymore because of the print, some artist claimed it was his/her artwork.

It's worth a lot - try asking around on some of the facebook groups like Legion of Ghost or Ghost Collectors.

• 2 years later...

I slept on this when it first came out, and been looking to pick up a colored copy for a while now.

Just happened to stumble across this in one of my occasional searches.

https://www.deepdiscount.com/ghost-meliora-yellow-vinyl/602547330567?gclid=Cj0KCQjw3uboBRDCARIsAO2XcYDADFiPODSD-mIDXWOutKWlt0YiSnQndT0M8iRQDEE8mJk-JbPYhx4aAlahEALw_wcB

Listing is a bit vague, but it seems to point towards it being the second Scandinavian pressing.

With the current 15% off promo code, it came out to $28 USD after shipping, not too shabby!

Not sure why, as I didn’t need another copy (I do love this record though), but I bought one from deep discount. I heard they were a bit slow and lazy about shipping and I haven’t heard a peep yet. 

I wonder if the next Ghost record will try to go even poppier. I hope not. I think Meliora was Ghost at its best. Just enough pop in the rock and metal. 

37 minutes ago, kannibal said:

Not sure why, as I didn’t need another copy (I do love this record though), but I bought one from deep discount. I heard they were a bit slow and lazy about shipping and I haven’t heard a peep yet. 

I wonder if the next Ghost record will try to go even poppier. I hope not. I think Meliora was Ghost at its best. Just enough pop in the rock and metal. 

Every Ghost album is always rumored to be "darker" than the one before it. I doubt it will be any poppier than Prequelle, though I still love that one.

10 hours ago, Captain Chrismo said:

Every Ghost album is always rumored to be "darker" than the one before it. I doubt it will be any poppier than Prequelle, though I still love that one.

I’ve never heard that about Ghost albums and obviously don’t believe that to be true in the least. While Prequelle has some highs, it’s my least favorite album as a whole. Meliora is my favorite.

10 hours ago, Captain Chrismo said:

True, but I think at least when Tobias uses that language he's talking about subject matter. Prequelle is dark as fuck thematically in many ways.

20 hours ago, kannibal said:

They took a while to put mine in the mail, but it did show up today.... too bad it wasn't yellow vinyl!

Turns out its like the latest Sweedish pressing, red and white smash.  

Still a nice package with the full booklet and all that jazz, but not really what I was hyp'd on. 
May reach out to them and see what they can do short of a full return/refund sitch.

Let me know if you end up with the same, or you get what you ordered. 

ALSO, agreed, Prequelle was very dark thematically, but the music just didn't jive with me.

• 2 weeks later...