PO: Ghost - Meliora

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, DOMAN127 said:

I almost feel bad liking this band with how much they charge for merch

Even as wasted as I was, I walked away.

Although I was tempted by the pack of 4 Papa condoms for $20.

Hopefully the merch guy was wearing one while he fucks people with $40 t-shirts.

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

Yeah in my head the whole time I was like "this is like show attendance 101 guys, don't wear the shirt of the band you're seeing".

I've noticed this at more shows in the last three years than I have in 15 years of going to shows. It's stupid. 

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I've noticed this at more shows in the last three years than I have in 15 years of going to shows. It's stupid. 

This has always been a normal thing at metal shows, though.  Hell, even the band members wear their own shirts on stage and in pictures. AFAIK it's not the same, or in fact, quite the opposite in other genres.

17 hours ago, kannibal said:

This has always been a normal thing at metal shows, though.  Hell, even the band members wear their own shirts on stage and in pictures. AFAIK it's not the same, or in fact, quite the opposite in other genres.

Yeah, and it's fuckin' lame. It's pretty obvious you like one of the bands if you're at their show. Band members can wear their own shit on tour because they only have so many options for clothes. 

5 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Yeah, and it's fuckin' lame. It's pretty obvious you like one of the bands if you're at their show. Band members can wear their own shit on tour because they only have so many options for clothes. 

I don't mind it, and in fact, find it to be a refreshing change from the "I'm don't even care if i'm at this show" attitude from fans of other genres.

Its not too surprising a bunch of people wear their shirts at their shows. the band is pretty much well beyond playing only in front of the type of people that care about that sort of thing. i even saw a lot of parents with their kids at the popestar tour. i wouldnt be "that guy" either but these are people that dont care or even know about such a "rule."

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that the golden rule of shows isn't prevalent anymore, considering most kids are paying $25 for khaki dad hats with a tiny band logo embroidered instead of $15 on a record. Trends are weird, but I'll never not think you're goofy wearing a headlining bands shirt at their show.