Uptight pricks on Discogs

Anyone else tired of these? Are you an uptight Discogs prick?

Discogs has pages and pages of rules for submissions, many of which have been recently updated, so it is possible that your once-fine entry is now breaking some rules.

Along comes some prick, who instead of messaging you about a problem or editing the release by themselves, casts a "completely wrong down vote" which gets you banned if you get too many.

I have probably sold 600 records on discogs. Only two complainants ever...one messaged me 3 months after he got the record saying the jacket came unglued...another about a month ago said I over graded at vg+ because he heard some surface noise. I had to show him the goldmine standards but he wanted a 75 percent refund. I told him he had to return for full refund as those type of people want the records that are totally graded correct..just want them really cheap...never heard from him again

Selling isn't going to be different for discogs than anyone else.

I'm talking about a special kind of prick that actually searches through submissions he knows nothing about an nitpicks any irregularities he can dig up.

For example, I collect Balzac. They have about 500 releases, here is my collection:

http://music.geocities.jp/soaringmoon27/deeperblue.html

So I listed all their stuff on Discogs and this attracts pricks who don't even know the band, but are really nasty with complaints. This one prick actually reported me to the staff, and yes, they contacted me.

you say you are the owner, but I very much doubt this as you have done only submissions from this book afaict.

Discogs is like any other club with a rule book in that they will always attract an anally retentive elite and Discogs has got a very big rule book

Either ignore them or have a bit of sport with them, the really anally retentive can be made to detonate over very minuscule details and it can be quite a lot of fun, but just don't do it too often as the rules gestapo will get you.

• 1 month later...

People bitch about the tiniest details on there, but that's their cross to bear. The only thing that really bothers me about Discogs is that people rarely leave seller feedback. In the last month I've sold maybe 6 records via Discogs and have received 0 seller feedback. It's obviously not effecting my ability to sell, but it'd be nice for them to mention how well I pack my records and how quickly I ship them out. Dammit.

People bitch about the tiniest details on there, but that's their cross to bear. The only thing that really bothers me about Discogs is that people rarely leave seller feedback. In the last month I've sold maybe 6 records via Discogs and have received 0 seller feedback. It's obviously not effecting my ability to sell, but it'd be nice for them to mention how well I pack my records and how quickly I ship them out. Dammit.

This bothers me the most i think. I even have a canned message i send to people saying thanks for buying please leave feedback so i can do the same. Maybe get one or two more to do so but most dont care.

For the most part, I've had good experiences with discogs.  I don't have the time to add / edit as much as I used to, but I don't think I've ever had any issues regarding mine (save for the first couple that were just a learning experience).  I'm pretty familiar with the rules and what not too, I'm guessing that helps.

So many new people to vinyl that don't understand grading or the medium. One guy complained about slight surface noise on a vg+ played on his brand new Crosley cruiser. He could not comprehend. Fair share of that nonsense this year but I have over 600 transactions with only issues by people with zero feedback

I sell cheap used records on Discogs from collections I buy. I've sold over 5,000 records this year with only 2 dick bags that caused me no stress because of the stress they caused themselves. It was quite entertaining, actually. That and the sick profit I've made, totally worth dealing with noobs who rarely, if ever, complain. This is just a side hobby, too, so it's killer pocket cash.

I sell cheap used records on Discogs from collections I buy. I've sold over 5,000 records this year with only 2 dick bags that caused me no stress because of the stress they caused themselves. It was quite entertaining, actually. That and the sick profit I've made, totally worth dealing with noobs who rarely, if ever, complain. This is just a side hobby, too, so it's killer pocket cash.

You're so cool

You sound like you're pitching a pyramid scheme!

hqdefault.jpg

"I want to talk to you...both...about something people are talking about...Do you have dreams? I know I do..."

You sound like you're pitching a pyramid scheme!

hqdefault.jpg

"I want to talk to you...both...about something people are talking about...Do you have dreams? I know I do..."

Cute meme, but no, I'm not pitching shit. Dummies like you who don't have the know how or cash to buy and sell are my greatest ally. I collect for free and make good money selling what I consider junk, you don't. Cheers!