OUT NOW: HALSEY - BADLANDS

who cares if its a debut album? seriously who cares? i'm not following how its ok for a band like underoath to come back after a 2 year "break up" and sell $120 VIP packages just because they have more than 1 album out and new musicians like halsey can't create an experience for her listeners? and for a fraction of the price? its ok to be mindless and buy bc you've been a fan for decades but not bc you want to experience the concept of an album as much as your finances will allow?

you're allowed to have your opinion on the music, but it might be wise to learn the meaning behind new americana before shitting on it moments after asking for a leak bc you REALLY wanna hear the album.

i also appreciate you ignoring my questions regarding you last rant.

my post about the box set was literally my second in here, and was aimed more at the fact that this is a debut album... box sets are usually reserved for highly anticipated releases where there's already an established fan base who will mindlessly buy anything you throw at them.

also fuck brand new fans, i'm doing my part to distance myself from that grouping the best i can. (hey everyone... buy all my devil&god copies. i want the money way more)

lastly, and on topic,

"we are the new americana, high on legal marijuana, raised on biggie and nirvana"

holy shit that is terrible.

Wait is that a real lyric?

i'm listening to the album. because i found a leak. cringed my way through that entire song, and i don't care what meaning there might be.. those are terrible lyrics.

exactly which questions are you expecting me to answer? they all came off as nonsense rhetoric.

i'm listening to the album. because i found a leak. cringed my way through that entire song, and i don't care what meaning there might be.. those are terrible lyrics.

exactly which questions are you expecting me to answer? they all came off as nonsense rhetoric.

lol you are so rude. i asked you why its not ok for me to be a fan when other members here can be known for being a fan of various artists and have it be no problem. & why i'm being criticized for trying to keep this civil when i did nothing to create any drama in here.

but don't worry about it. you enjoy creating messes and walking away in the name of nonsense rhetoric evidently.

you used me being a fan as a point to back your argument. ok. this isn't that hard. earlier in this thread i took a stance against slut shaming and got shit for it. GOD FORBID. now i'm trying not to get it locked. i was told that the threat of a lock is hanging over this thread if it doesn't calm down. which is why i am asking for it to be civil. i know for a fact that i am not the first person to call out the BS in threads regardless over whether that person was the thread's OP or not.

why is this so difficult? and why do you care so much?

I'd sell box sets with my first album if I knew I could move 1k copies in a day (2k if you count the other signed vinyl/CDs). And there are still people looking for those items. Not really rocket science. :P

Halsey has a lot of crossover fans from 5SOS, if you didn't know. So saying it isn't an anticipated release is silly. It's also a top banner in the iTunes Store next to Lana Del Rey, Carrie Underwood, Disturbed, etc.

dude, i made two comments completely relevant to this album and release, and then you went ahead and lumped me in with all the 4chan stuff.

who cares if its a debut album? seriously who cares? i'm not following how its ok for a band like underoath to come back after a 2 year "break up" and sell $120 VIP packages just because they have more than 1 album out and new musicians like halsey can't create an experience for her listeners?

Because Underoath hasnt been Underoath since 2010. Everyone knows that. And its the original lineup thats the reunion. Also it's is fucking Underoath. I dont think I really need to list all the reasons why that band has earned the right to charge what they want for a VIP meet and greet package to an actual concert. 

Because Underoath hasnt been Underoath since 2010. Everyone knows that. And its the original lineup thats the reunion. Also it's is fucking Underoath. I dont think I really need to list all the reasons why that band has earned the right to charge what they want for a VIP meet and greet package to an actual concert.

That's using "original lineup" pretty loosely..

And as much as I love them, their reunion is just as much a cash grab after their solo stuff never became nearly as big.

Anyways, on topic, my box finally shipped!

There was a link to a page that awfulenergy posted that had a "Halsey - Badlands - CS" for $11.98, it is now on sale, has anyone confirmed if this is in fact a Cassette release of her album? I emailed the Merch store but they probably won't get back to me until tomorrow.

it isn't!

they had included a copy of the album on CD for the VIP packages for smoke & mirrors tour. that's their fulfillment page for those cds. CS = Customer Service.