PO: Dan Andriano in the Emergency Room - Party Adjacent

• 1 month later...

I got this LP in today (180g black for those who care). It's really fucking good. It's the (edit: ever-so-gently-) poppier cousin of ALK3 I've always wanted. It's a fucking great followup to Hurrincane Season. If you sat on this and are unsure, this album is phenomenally good. I'm super happy with that $12(!?!) purchase. :D

Seriously. It's as good as most of the best DanALK3 songs. Think all the best from Goddamnit to MSIT. From "Enjoy Your Day" to "My Standard Break From Life" it covers some serious DA ground (and beyond). BUY IT!

Yep this is a great album for sure!

I was lucky enough to see Dan Andriano play an in-store at Banquet Records earlier this month and there were copies for sale there. Got one and turns out it was yellow. Probably a European press I guess.

That's awesome!

I've been somewhat detached from Alk3 and Dan Andriano the last few years, but these positive reviews, plus having Mike Huguenor contribute on guitar have swayed me to check it out.

You definitely should!

• 3 months later...

Finally got this record from Asian Man, waited too long to order it. Man, this is some seriously good music. Dan is definitely the best part of Alk3, and these songs are like his songs with Alk3, with an indie twang, I'm guessing Jeff Rosenstock is behind that, and I'm not complaining. I love Dan's song writing so much, top 5 song writer for me. I'm gonna listen to this a lot.

The drums are a bit loud, my only complaint.

Absolutely! Did you listen to the Broken Wing EP? Dan kills it on those songs. The EP is better than My Shame Is True and I really enjoyed that one.

Yea I loved the Broken Wing EP! I felt even in the Trio's earlier releases that the few Dan songs that end up on albums were mostly top-notch.

My favourites include Blue Carolina, Emma, She Took Him To The Lake, Crawl and Message From Kathleen.

Matt's always gonna have more songs on the albums so I'm glad Dan now has an outlet for his solo stuff. His cover of String Bean Jean on the 'Of Peace, Quiet and Monsters' 7" is phenomenal.

Yea I loved the Broken Wing EP! I felt even in the Trio's earlier releases that the few Dan songs that end up on albums were mostly top-notch.

My favourites include Blue Carolina, Emma, She Took Him To The Lake, Crawl and Message From Kathleen.

Matt's always gonna have more songs on the albums so I'm glad Dan now has an outlet for his solo stuff. His cover of String Bean Jean on the 'Of Peace, Quiet and Monsters' 7" is phenomenal.

All good Dan choices. Dan always takes the cake on their records for me.

That 7" is fucking fantastic.

I feel the same as you guys about Dan's songwriting contra Skiba's. Man, Dan hasn't made a bad tune in forever. Actually, I enjoy every song from him except the ones from FHTI (for some reason). I made a playlist of Dan's b-sides that has:

Kick Rocks

Those Lungs

My Standard Break From life

We Can Never Break Up

Burned Is The House

among others. All just amazing songs. I think I enjoy his b-sides more than the album tracks... Has anyone heard his version of MU330's Lincoln? Magnificent!

• 10 months later...