Esao Andrews Art Thread

So, new print on Friday. Edition of /200, $100. My wallet must fucking hate me. Anyway, details below.

10426235_10152319852022111_5679925052336

Remember that collaboration a few months ago?

Repost from @staticmedium New giveaway and print release! Details below.

Here's @esao signing his way through the stacks of his new print/mural collaboration with @tristaneaton.

The print is an edition of 200 and will be $100. It will be released on @StaticMedium's website this Friday (6/12) at 11am pst.

Several lucky people will receive hand embellished prints in their orders, but we'll also be giving away one copy of a print embellished by both artists for free! All you you need to do to enter is post a picture of the mural or the print, it can be one you took or a repost, while mentioning @esao, @tristaneaton and @staticmedium. Follow all 3 of us and use the hashtags ‪#‎StaticMuralGiveaway‬‪#‎EsaoAndrews‬‪#‎TristanEaton‬ and‪#‎StaticMedium‬ and that's it. One entry per person please. We'll select a winner Friday morning. Thank you so much for the support!

11391089_10152867718352111_7152586858539

i would buy the Thirty print in a heartbeat.

been lusting after it for years.

That's a cool print. Seems that the farther back you go in his works the harder they are to find and more expensive they become. Plus the run sizes are so damn low because he was so unknown up until a few years ago.

Anyway, I'll keep my eye out for ya!

That's a cool print. Seems that the farther back you go in his works the harder they are to find and more expensive they become. Plus the run sizes are so damn low because he was so unknown up until a few years ago.

Anyway, I'll keep my eye out for ya!

haha thanks. I had to resort a few years ago to printing it out in the best quality I could find on good paper using a high end printer. Looks okay, but damn, yeah, I love that print.

Yeah that seemed like a huge drawback. I'd always see cool shit on the front page and I'd end up almost dropping $200 on a print I had just found and knew I didn't need.

Sucks that the whole art/print universe is 10x more expensive than vinyl, otherwise I'd probably drop vinyl completely and just focus on making my walls look pretty with beautiful art. 

Prints are just so expensive, and understandably so, that it's hard to buy them all the time. I also have about 50 up on my walls, so I'm running out of wall space in my small house.

Edit: Plus it's a whole thing when getting stuff framed properly.

• 6 months later...

Two new prints coming on Saturday at 1pm PST! Of course he prints the one he teased a couple months ago, and it's $150... Guess I need to sell some stuff.

CloistersThumb.jpg                  TheHostageThumb.jpg

"Cloisters" $150, Signed /100                                                               "The Hostage"  $120, Signed /150

More info at his site:  http://esao.net/index.php?page=store

Two new prints coming on Saturday at 1pm PST! Of course he prints the one he teased a couple months ago, and it's $150... Guess I need to sell some stuff.

CloistersThumb.jpg                  TheHostageThumb.jpg

"Cloisters" $150, Signed /100                                                               "The Hostage"  $120, Signed /150

More info at his site:  http://esao.net/index.php?page=store

I was thinking the same thing! I need one of those two! 

+1 Cloisters.  Super pumped.  My favorite piece of art from the Gilded Age show (and I'm a huge Horkey fan FWIW).

World Traveler from The Gilded Age show was my first Esao print and what really got me into his work.

If people don't own World Traveler, I'd highly recommend picking one up. From what I've been told, it ain't too often Esao releases actual screen prints and this one certainly doesn't disappoint.  Took a while for it to sellout on the Thinkspace website so I'm assuming one can be had for a very reasonable price.

• 6 months later...