PO: Will Johnson reissues

Out via Undertow. No set release date, they will just begin shipping when they are available, since it takes forever to press a record.

Pretty excited about these.

Murder of Tides

http://undertowstore.com/collections/will-johnson/products/murder-of-tides

Vultures Await

http://undertowstore.com/collections/will-johnson/products/vultures-await

Super-excited about these; I have been waiting for a "Vultures Await" pressing for ages. If anyone's wondering, it's $40 shipped with media mail in the US.

Was really hoping this might mean a repress of Molina and Johnson, but no such luck.

That'd have to be Secretly Canadian, of course; I can't believe how much they're going for now.

Living in Denton rules as a Centro-Matic fan. Danbom is a bartender here, they would always play here, and I saw them I think 3 or 4 times in the past three years. I don't think they'll be able to keep the band dead. They love playing live too much to do so. I am definitely pumped on these reissues, as well as hopefully a possibility to press/repress the rest of CM's back catalog.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These have been delayed a bit. Not sure when it got added, but on the order page for both reissues, there's this note:

As you probably know, there has been a huge increase in vinyl sales over the last few years. But the capacity for vinyl manufacturing has not kept up. So it's taking a longer to get vinyl pressed these days. Originally, we were expecting the vinyl to be finished in early August. But now it's looking like the first week of September before we have these in stock. We'll keep you updated on the shipping dates as we get more news from our pressing plant. We're very sorry for the hassles. We're just as excited to get these album as you are. It'll be worth the wait.

• 4 weeks later...