PO: toe. - Hear You (Topshelf Records)

Hey guys I wrote a paper once on what it means to be a pretentious douche bag and my prof said IT WAS THE BEST PAPER EVER WRITTEN IN HIS 50 YEARS OF TEACHING.

Might be the most ridiculous post I've ever read on these boards.

These post-rock related threads have always contained tame, enjoyable discussions so for this tool bag Pianu to come here & taint that kind of sucks. No one was calling you a "fucking moron" for your post. You could have easily tried to defend it without sounding like a piece of shit. Sure, you may not have convinced anyone (because Toe is NOT ever even in the realm of what I consider emo music...YES I'VE SEEN THEM LIVE), but maybe you could have left here with a little respect.

actually, before they got signed to Topshelf, i NEVER heard that description used for them. It was always post rock.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this. so annoying, haha! I GET a lot of our bands that are more known can definitely be defined with this term, but it gets thrown around for the vast majority of our roster [simply by association] too loosely.

toe is not an emo band. They have strong connections to the late 90's Chicago math rock / emo / instrumental scene and so I think that's mostly where that idea is rooted — but yeah, toe is a truly genre-less band and borrow elements of sooooo many genres effortlessly, tastefully and in wildly innovative ways. the actual 100% best band to ever exist ever ever ever lol <3