PO: Weatherbox - The Cosmic Drama (Repress)

Oh no. I bet it's ETR.

That's what I was thinking. I guess just to clarify that it isn't Doghouse doing this. So did Doghouse sell the rights back to the band AND some other label? Shady fuckers.

Y'all always jump to the worst conclusions! ETR isn't doing any Weatherbox records (as far as I know, at least). The label handling their represses is one that posts on this board and is very well-respected. I'd say who it is but there's really no point in doing so since there's no confirmed timetable for the reissues to come out that I'm aware of—I'm sure they'll announce them when they're ready to be announced.

As for Doghouse: Brian definitely bought back the rights to both American Art and The Cosmic Drama from them last year so they could both be reissued by this other label. I have no idea how Doghouse is doing this secret repress—like, did they think Brian wouldn't hear about it? Are their contracts so byzantine that they somehow still retained rights to the music even though they sold it back to the artist? Who the fuck knows. The music business is crazy.

Y'all always jump to the worst conclusions! ETR isn't doing any Weatherbox records (as far as I know, at least). The label handling their represses is one that posts on this board and is very well-respected. I'd say who it is but there's really no point in doing so since there's no confirmed timetable for the reissues to come out that I'm aware of—I'm sure they'll announce them when they're ready to be announced.

As for Doghouse: Brian definitely bought back the rights to both American Art and The Cosmic Drama from them last year so they could both be reissued by this other label. I have no idea how Doghouse is doing this secret repress—like, did they think Brian wouldn't hear about it? Are their contracts so byzantine that they somehow still retained rights to the music even though they sold it back to the artist? Who the fuck knows. The music business is crazy.

Ok. Sorry to jump to conclusions, but everyone in this thread is being really vague. I don't even care unless the reissue has some bonus material that makes it worth having a second copy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...