A vertical record player, cause screw it...

But then theres this: "I received my turntable today (The Netherlands). All outputs (headphone and RCA Line Out) work very well, but I have to say the turntable's own speakers are surprisingly good. I'm quite pleased that I backed this product at the very start. The wait was long, but it was worth it."-Anselem. In other words, keep waiting for a super thorough review.

Gods of YouTube save us!

I don't know if someone saying the built in speakers on a vertical turntable qualify as educated. Or is that what you're saying?

No I'm saying 95% of the people probably bought it for the aesthetic, so none of the comments on the Kickstarter page are going to say much about you know, whether it works.....

There's a few youtube videos.. just search by recently uploaded.  I can't believe they raised 1.5 million dollars... I wouldn't be able to use this shit, but to each his/her own.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=CAI%253D&q=gramovox

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160227/bg8kq7n7.png

Ain't nobody got time for that.

You know when there's a cool/quirky character in a TV show or movie who has a record collection which consists of 30 LPs divided into groups of 10 that are all tilted at a 40° angle on a bookshelf? This record player will be placed nearby.

You know when there's a cool/quirky character in a TV show or movie who has a record collection which consists of 30 LPs divided into groups of 10 that are all tilted at a 40° angle on a bookshelf? This record player will be placed nearby.

That old timey mood lantern light thing really made the whole video. I have officially seen it all now.

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160227/bg8kq7n7.png

Yeah...this is exactly the sort of setup I expected to see for this thing unfortunately. Someone who is trying to cultivate a specific look, rather than caring about listening to music.

It's a real bummer, but it is what it is. I imagine we all saw this coming. :/

The thing is still don't get is...so it looks like it still takes up the same horizontal space, so it has the same footprint as your typical turntable...but now these people are losing all that vertical space too? Yeesh.

I like how the guy complaining in this screenshot is whining about what a pain in the ass it is to have to turn the thing off before switching records...I assume that until now, on his regular table (most likely a "vintage Crosley") he just kind of hovers above a platter spinning at whatever speed, and tries to drop his record on while it's still in motion.

Yeah... so thus far, not impressed with the sound quality. The speakers seem very directional, and drop off as soon as you move to the left or right. The frequency response does seem kinda flat.

I think the worst part is that they made everything around their own pre-amp. You're options are Pre-Amp-->Speakers, Pre-->RCA Line Level, or Pre-->Headphone. I was thinking though that you could probably easily modify the TT to add signal level outputs, just drill some holes in the wood case and solder em up. 

Now I just want someone to measure the downward Tracking force and in this case all measure the horizontal movement force to make sure it's not going to eat the groove side wall.

I really tried to be open minded about this and I really do hate to say I told you so but.......

I think Slinch has nailed it as succinctly as is fitting for this particular piece of future clothes horse or possible stand for a little string of twinkly lights for the facial topiary attired user

So to recap, they made a $400 crosley and people gave them $1.5 million for it.

RIP common sense.

Either way I very much doubt any of these things will play many records when the novelty wears off.

Its been a while since I've taken a physics course.... but how the hell does the counterweight do its job?

Also you can hear the flutter through the video. Jesus.

Lol.... I posted a video a few pages back on this. I think they got the counter weight physics done at least. I THINK.....

So you've been a member of VC since before these went up yet you still decided to drop $400 on this?

I'm lost.

O no.... I would never buy one of these.... I'm still running a U-Turn Orbit --> Schiit Mani --> Schiit Magni 2 -->ATH-M50X Headphones. Probably gonna get a speaker set up with my tax return.

I'm just saying from the videos here: https://www.youtube....I%3D&q=gramovox they don't sound so hot....