PO Now: The Black Dahlia Murder- Abysmal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This album slays, pretty positive TBDM can't write a bad album

Agreed. I was pretty skeptic once Shannon left after Ritual, which is honestly my favorite TBDM album thus far. But after hearing Everblack, I was still extremely satisfied with the outcome and Alan's musicianship. I've only heard the two tracks released so far on Abysmal and so far I'm pleased. 

Agreed. I was pretty skeptic once Shannon left after Ritual, which is honestly my favorite TBDM album thus far. But after hearing Everblack, I was still extremely satisfied with the outcome and Alan's musicianship. I've only heard the two tracks released so far on Abysmal and so far I'm pleased.

I had faith when Shannon left they'd find a good replacement and Alan kills it. And the album leaked last night so I've listened to a few times already cause I'd rather not wait for 2 and a half months to listen to it since my preorder is coming from the UK

I had faith when Shannon left they'd find a good replacement and Alan kills it. And the album leaked last night so I've listened to a few times already cause I'd rather not wait for 2 and a half months to listen to it since my preorder is coming from the UK

No way, really?! Where can one find this leakage? I would love to give it a listen since it's still a good month out from dropping. 

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up to anyone who's interested...Metal Blade EU has had listings of all three EU pressings with the bonus 7-inch on eBay for a while. I would highly recommend grabbing one of the better quality EU pressings instead of the only available US option. Total price difference with shipping from Metal Blade US and EU is only about $4.00...completely worth it!

Just a heads up to anyone who's interested...Metal Blade EU has had listings of all three EU pressings with the bonus 7-inch on eBay for a while. I would highly recommend grabbing one of the better quality EU pressings instead of the only available US option. Total price difference with shipping from Metal Blade US and EU is only about $4.00...completely worth it!

Didn't realize the EU had a bonus 7". Going to grab that. Thanks dude!

Didn't realize the EU had a bonus 7". Going to grab that. Thanks dude!

No problem man! I'll grab records through Metal Blade EU's eBay outlet from time to time and it's a far better deal in the end. Better overall pressings, variants and they ship pretty damn quick! 

After much deliberation I chose to go with the Orange/Red splatter / Orange 7-inch. 

Also, if you're into BTBAM at all (off topic, I know) they've put up some limited represses of Parallax II as well as Coma Ecliptic. 

No problem man! I'll grab records through Metal Blade EU's eBay outlet from time to time and it's a far better deal in the end. Better overall pressings, variants and they ship pretty damn quick!

After much deliberation I chose to go with the Orange/Red splatter / Orange 7-inch.

Also, if you're into BTBAM at all (off topic, I know) they've put up some limited represses of Parallax II as well as Coma Ecliptic.

I love BTBAM, but already have those albums and I'm not much into variant collecting.

I am going to keep an eye on their EU eBay store though.

This album crushes! Wasn't sure any album would rival Cattle Decap for Album of the Year, but this does... Thanks for the heads up on MB Euro vinyl, going to get the splatter.

No problem man! Definitely recommend keeping an eye out on the MB Euro eBay page every so often. Same here. After seeing the unboxing of the EU pressings, the marble didn't really have as much flair as I had hoped for - so I ended up going with the splatter.

Did anybody get their euro pressing yet? my record won't fit in the sleeve :huh:

Not yet, I'm thinking it'll probably arrive middle of next week or so. I had that issue with my copy of Destroy.Erase.Improve by Meshuggah. Luckily my local record shop had some larger sleeves available. I have several EU pressings and that's the only one I've run into that issue with.